7 Steps To Crack Personal Interview Round
There is a lot dependent on the personal interview round for entering into a good MBA college as it carries a high weightage after the CAT/XAT examination. It is a different battle when you are facing a panel of 2-3 highly experienced interviewers, much difficult than writing the exam. Here is a 7 Step guide to help you out:
1. Always prepare a backup question which the panel might ask you after the interview. Gives a good impression and shows that you are really interested.
Example- Ask about the courses in campus or club/committee/sports infrastructure.
2. Always be composed even if you don’t know most of the questions being asked or a stress interview is going on. It happens on purpose that the panel puts stress to see how the candidate reacts and performs.
3. Try leading the interview by saying things which you are fully confident and want the panel to question you on.
4. Questions from the previous round may be asked like from the GD/Essay round. Even if you haven’t done well previously, read up while you are waiting for your interview.
5. An introduction is the best way to create an impression. Try to make your introduction a little peppy. You can highlight yourself and speak about your achievements.
6. Maintain eye contact with the panel and a good body posture. Don’t lean back on your chair.
7. Basic questions like Why MBA are 100% asked. You should be convinced yourself on these to convince the panel.
About the Author:
Abishake Koul graduated from BIT Mesra in 2013 and had a 2 year stint with Maruti Suzuki before joining IIM Lucknow where he is a part of Media & Communication Cell. His hobbies include writing, poetry and running.