The Common Admission Test (CAT) 2021 dates have been announced. IIM Ahmedabad will conduct CAT 2021 after a gap of 5 years. The official registration of CAT begins on 4th August and the test will be conducted on 28th November. In this article, we bring you the important dates of the CAT 2021, key changes in the pattern, and the eligibility criteria. Read on!
- As per the official CAT 2021 notification, the online registration process will start on 4th August, 2021 at 10:10 AM.
- The last date to register for CAT 2021 is September 15, 2021.
- Admit cards will be available for download starting October 27, 2021.
- The CAT 2021 exam will be held on 28th November, 2021.
- The CAT 2021 results are expected to be declared in the second week of January, 2022.
InsideIIM Editor's Recommendation→ Kounsel Exam Pro.
Get 1-on-1 personalised mentorship to ace CAT 2021.
A candidate, with atleast 50% marks in his bachelor's degree/equivalent degree or higher or is in final year of pursuing the same from a university or professional institution recognised by the Parliament or State legislature or Ministry of HRD, Government of India or is a Deemed University, can apply for CAT exam 2021.
- Submission of caste/class certificate at the time of registration for NC-OBC candidates
CAT 2021 Eligibilty Criteria: SC, ST and PwD
Any candidate, who secured more than 45% marks in his/her bachelor's degree/equivalent or professional degree or higher can apply for the CAT exam.
- Should upload the caste/class certificate at the time of CAT exam form registration.
CAT Exam Eligibilty For Final Year Students
- A candidate should be pursuing a bachelor's degree or equivalent from an institution recognised by Ministry of HRD or a Deemed University.
- Should have a total aggregate marks above 50% for General/NC-OBC and 45% for SC/ST/PWD, so far.
- Can have a backlog in exams but should attain the degree before joining the b-school, in-case selected.
The CAT 2021 registration fee has been increased by 10%. For aspirants belonging to unreserved categories, the registration fee is INR 2,200, while for aspirants belonging to reserved categories, it's INR 1,100.
Take A Look At → CAT 2021 Personalized Study Planner
CAT 2021 EXAM DURATION AND PATTERN
- CAT 2021 will be of 120 minutes, with 40 minutes allotted to each section.
- There'll be three examination slots in CAT 2021 - Slot 1 (8.30 am to 10.30 am), Slot 2 (12.30 pm to 2.30 pm) and Slot 3 (4.30 pm to 6.30 pm)
- Total number of questions in CAT 2021: 76 questions
- Total number of questions in the VARC section: 26 questions
- Total number of questions in the DILR section: 24 questions
- Total number of questions in the QA section: 26 questions
- Total marks in CAT 2021: 228
- The exam will have both MCQ and TITA (Type In The Answer/non-MCQ) questions.
- Marking scheme will +3 for every correct attempt, and -1 for every incorrect MCQ attempt. There's no negative marking for TITA (non-MCQ) based questions.