From Comfort To Competition – IIM Visakhapatnam
Sometimes in your life you found yourself well settled, well paid, living near your hometown You found yourself surrounded by a word “comfort” but even having all of this you cannot stop your mind about not thinking more in life. I found that I have earned sufficient experience but know very little about how the whole business is run.
After working for almost two and half years with Allen Career Institute as a physics faculty, I decided to do something, for which I prepare my students “A competition exam”. I decided to prepare for CAT-2017 so that I can get admission in one of the best B-Schools in India.
After the declaration of CAT result in January, I made a list of all the colleges from where I can get a call and start arranging them according to my priority if I convert most of them. I converted IMT-Ghaziabad (DCP), XIM-Bhubaneshwar (BM), IIM-Lucknow (PGPSM), IIM-Nagpur (PGP), IIM-Visakhapatnam (PGP).
I have chosen IIM-Visakhapatnam over all of them as I knew that IIM-V will not just carry IIM tag but IIM-V will also follow the rigorous IIM culture and because of this IIM-V will scale new heights every day.
Some of the salient features of IIM-Visakhapatnam:
1) Mentoring-Institute- IIM-V is mentored by IIM-Bangalore which is one of the best B-School in the country. With the mentorship, IIM-V follows same rigorous admission procedure where you are interviewed and evaluated with high standards. Academic curriculum and highly experienced faculties are also plus because of IIM-B
2) Very Good Faculty to student ratio- IIM-V has managed to maintain a very good faculty to student ratio despite being a new IIMs which is a high plus in choosing a college
3) Good Infrastructure- IIM-V has set up highly equipped and high standard classrooms and library in Transit campus. Hostels are best in class. Believe me, you won’t find better rooms in any B-Schools
4) Placements- You will not believe that IIM-V is new generation IIM by seeing its placements figures. Good Summer and Final Placements with average around 12 LPA in the finals.
5) Life @ IIMV- Around eight clubs are functioning in IIM-V right now and many new will start with upcoming batches. IIM-V has participated in many competition and secured good result in them.
6) International Immersion- A sure shot week-long International immersion program to provide an insight of economic and social culture.
Which ABG Company would you want to work for and why?
‘Aditya Birla Group’ one of the largest Indian private sector conglomerate would be my dream company if I ever been given an opportunity to work with. I would like to work with Idea Cellular, Specifically with the marketing and promotional team of Idea. As Idea Cellular focuses aggressively in promotion activities. Idea always comes up with the best promotional campaigns like “What an IDEA Sirji”, “Walk when you talk”, “No ullu banaoing” “IIN” and “Dekhte Jao Bejhijhak”. It will be a great learning experience to get an idea about marketing if I have no idea about it from Idea itself.