CAT 2019 | QA Practice
Since CAT is around the corner, I wanted to create a relevant QA thread where-in we can practice and help each other.
The questions are posted below!
Use the Comments section to answer the questions!
1. In Cricket, a batsman can score 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 6 runs of a ball. What is the number of distinct sequences in which exactly 30 runs can be scored in an over of six balls? Assume that all the runs are scored by batsmen only and there are no extra balls/runs.
2. How many triangles with integer sides p, q, r are possible such that p < q < r and the perimeter of the triangle is 27?
3. 89y – 273x = 40. What is the sum of x and y if both x and y are natural numbers less than 100?
(d) Cannot be determined
4. A train starts from Delhi at a : b o’clock (i.e. ‘b’ minutes after a o’clock). It reaches Chandigarh on the same day at b : c o’clock after taking exactly ‘c’ hours and ‘a’ minutes. How many different values of a are possible? All the times are given in 24-hour clock format.
5. A, B and C start running along the circumference of a circle (circumference = 1200 m) at the same time from the same point. A and B run in the clockwise direction with constant speeds of 8 m/s and 6 m/s respectively. C runs in the anti-clockwise direction with a constant speed of 5 m/s. What is the time difference between the first two instances when C is equidistant from A and B along the circumference?
(a) 120 seconds
(b) 50 seconds
(c) 60 seconds
(d) 100 seconds