FMS 2019 criteria?
What has been the FMS criteria until now? I want to know all about FMS including shortlisting criteria, Rounds of selection and placements. Where IIMs and other colleges release their criteria for 2019 and when they release?
FMS Delhi Admission Eligibility Criteria:
- FMS Delhi Eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration after class 12, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST only passing marks are required. In case of OBC/PwD and CW category candidates 45% marks at graduation are required).
- FMS Delhi Admission Eligibility criterion requires the applicant to appear in CAT 2018 exam and must score minimum prescribed sectional and overall percentile to become eligible for next stage of shortlisting
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence to determine PGP admission eligibility would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor’s degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by FMS Delhi by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the Admission eligibility of the candidate.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for FMS Delhi Admission 2019 for MBA 2019-21 batch.
- Such candidates, appearing in the final year examination of Bachelor‘s Degree are eligible to apply for admission irrespective of their percentage of scores obtained till the time of application, provided that they expect to fulfill the eligibility criteria when their results are declared and which must be submitted to the FMS office at the time of admission to the programme.
- The candidates will be eligible for admission only after the result of the qualifying examination has been declared and the candidates submit the result meeting the minimum eligibility criteria before the last date notified by the University of Delhi
- Applicants who have not taken CAT 2018 will not be considered for MBA admission 2019 at FMS Delhi.
The second stage of FMS Delhi Admission criteria is the shortlisting criteria before final selection round. To encourage diversity of Gender and Academic Disciplines, for the purpose of shortlisting candidates for Interview Process different weightages shall be assigned to the scores of different sections of the CAT 2018. FMS Delhi will shortlist the candidates on the basis of sectional and overall CAT 2018 score, gender diversity and other criteria as under:
- The shortlisting for final selection round in FMS Admission Criteria awards 100% weight to CAT 2018 score
- In the shortlisting criteria, the candidate will be awarded weightage to sectional percentile scores in CAT 2018. Score in Quantitative Ability (QA) section will be awarded 30% weight; the Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) section also carries a weight of 30% while the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) section carry highest weightage of 40%.
- An additional 3 marks shall be added to the Composite score so computed in case of women candidates for the purpose of shortlisting.
- This composite score shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates for Interview Process.
- All the Candidates shortlisted for final selection round will have to attend GD-PI & Extempore, failing which they will be not be considered for the final admission.
Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to FMS Delhi
- Final selection round for FMS admission 2019 will begin in the second week of April 2019
- FMS Delhi selection criteria include Group Discussion, Personal Interview, and Extempore speech.
- The GD-PI-Extempore round will be held at FMS-Delhi University campus.
- The Merit list after the final admission round will be based on CAT 2018 score, performance in GD-PI-Extempore, Academic profile.
- Weightage to each component in FMS Delhi Admission Criteria is as below:
Group Discussion (GD)
Marks obtained in Class X
Marks obtained in Class XII
- An additional 3% of the maximum aggregate marks shall be awarded to the women candidates who appear for the interview while drawing the list of selected candidates
- Final Merit List of selected candidates would be released by FMS Delhi immediately after the last day of final selection round is over in April 2019.
For information about Placements, please visit the official website link: http://www.fms.edu/?q=node/1585
Talking about the IIMs, you can check the admission criteria of the institutes on their respective official websites.
Member of InsideIIM Student Team 4.0 | IIM Trichy
Please Login/Signup to answer