How can you make the most of your MBA?
My two year MBA is about to end and I am still not sure if I had made the most, given the whopping fee I have paid I sometimes feel I could have utilized it better. What are the dos and donts of an MBA , if you relived your two year MBA experience what would you have done differently ?
Cutting through the clutter, I'd directly like to jump to a few pointers that, if followed, can ascertain a memorable and fruitful experience over the course of the two years of an MBA course:
- Socialize and network not just in a formal way but in the form of outings, eating out, trips and random late-night blabbers. The intangible benefits of such activities are reaped over the long-term.
- Be an active part of as much festival celebrations as possible, after all B-Schools provide one with a one-of-its-kind opportunity to revel myriad festivals of different cultures of India without worrying about any controversies.
- Read newspapers, everyday! The combination of the theoretical knowledge that one gains in the class and the real-life instances denoting applications many of those concepts plays the role of a multiplier as far as learning is considered.
- Attend those seemingly boring guest lectures and workshops conducted by the stalwarts of corporate, political, social or other walks of life.
- Try your best to be a part of the club/committee of your interest. Sacrifice on academics or other engagements if that is what's required to make this possible.