What kind of preparations are required to be B-school ready in June?
All of the successful candidates are ready to begin a new chapter from June onwards. How does one prepare himself/herself to be both physically & mentally ready?
Hey, Congratulations all of you for making it into your dream B-Schools. You all proved your mettle in your chosen field, and are true champions. But it was just a battle and now you have a war ahead.
You can start by mentally preparing yourself for the new environment, which would be a lot different than your previous one, either office or college.
- You should develop your general knowledge, especially in the Business field as it will be very useful in future.
- Start digging deep into the businesses of your interest and look at their revenues, working model, competitors, promotions, etc from your specialization’s point of view.
- If you are not sure about your specialization, read about it to and decide what suits you more.
- Some work on presentation and communication skills can also be very helpful in MBA life.
- Learn a few software such as MS-Excel & Photoshop, and also, MS-Word and MS-PPT if you don’t know it already.
Apart from this, you need to physically train yourself for a hectic and busy schedule of MBA life, by stop being engineer (no offense!) and start being active
Spend a lot of time with friends and family, go on a trip, pack your back and ready yourself for the best 2 years of your life.
Come with a fresh mindset and Its gonna be a hell of a ride.
Hope this helps.
I am an Admissions Coordinator at NITIE Mumbai (Team IMPACT)
Please Login/Signup to answer