Which Are The Top MBA Colleges For Finance In India?
One of the most lucrative domains to work in after an MBA is the finance domain. From the glamorous world of investment banking to the rewarding jobs in commercial banking, Finance has become one of the most sought-after domains across B-school campuses.
But with hundreds of colleges offering management education in India, which are the best MBA institutes that allow you to get recruited by top BFSI organisations during Final Placements? Who are the top recruiters at these institutes?
Share your opinions below, and list out colleges which you feel are the best for Finance in India.
I believe there should be no second thought when there is mention of Finance and B-School. Indeed, IIM Calcutta justifies its name – “The Fin campus of the country” quite well. But I have curated a list of institutes which are doing really well, especially, in Finance. Source, you ask me? Well, this is subject to my discretion based on placement reports, friends across campus, blogs etc.
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Xaviers Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Faculty Management Studies, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
- Narsee Monji Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
The best college for finance in popular opinion is no doubt IIM Calcutta. So I asked a friend of mine who studies at IIMC, what makes it the Best Fin Campus in India. So in IIMC has some of the best Finance professors on campus. Professor Ashok Banerjee and Arpita Ghosh are few of those whom the students are in awe of. The professors here take the courses very diligently.
Apart from the well renowned professors, IIMC's reputation and legacy has also attracted the Finance enthusiasts from all over India. It provides a competitive environment and the right platform with the best opportunities to the students. The recruiters are also lured by its charms and all the major banks and investment companies like Gaja Capital, Avendus, etc. visit the campus.
So, up until now, IIM Calcutta has lived up to its legacy and I firmly believe it will continue to do so. :)