Delphique – The Only National Management Convention In Any Indian B-School – MDI Gurgaon
Delphique is the Annual National Management Convention of Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon. The convention brings together more than 70 corporate leaders from different management backgrounds and thus ensures an enriching learning experience for all involved. It is the perfect platform for people from the Industry (knowledge partners and panelists), academia and the student community to interact and discuss their perspectives regarding various issues in different verticals of management.
Delphique conducts events such as research panel discussions, case study competition and business plan competition. In its 20th year, Delphique is being conducted from 18th – 20th November 2016.
1) Research Panel Discussions: Discussions amongst stalwarts from the industry, eminent faculty, and the brightest young minds to exchange ideas and critically evaluate various issues pertaining to several domains like Marketing, Finance, Operations, Analytics, Communications etc.. The quality of research is ensured by domain-specialist faculty who provide mentorship to the students. A presentation by students followed by a discussion with the esteemed panelists helps students broaden their horizon of knowledge and learn from the knowledge and experience of the industry practitioners.This year, Delphique has signed up with R P Goenka Group, Ogilvy & Mather, Lava Mobiles, Motorola, Equirus Capital, Shoppers Stop, Kantar Millward Brown, ICRA for these discussions.
|Sl No||Panel Function||Partner 1||Partner 2||Partner 3|
|3||Operations||Lava International Ltd|
|4||Marketing||Kantar Group (Millward Brown)||Ogilvy & Mather|
|6||Business Plan – Vincenza||VCCircle||Indian Angels Network|
|7||Case Study- Cerebro||The Times Group|
2) Cerebro : It is a case study competition for which we have tied up with the Times Group. Students from top B-schools of India participate in this competition which shall be judged by an expert panel.
3) Vincenza: It is a B Plan competition for budding entrepreneurs and emerging startups. Delphique has tied up with VCCircle and Indian Angel Network for this competition. Anyone with a business idea or a working startup can take part in this competition and the top 3 teams get a chance to present themselves in TechCircle at Mumbai.
This year the event is hosting Dr. Jitendra Singh, Hon’ble Minister of State, PMO at the Inaugural ceremony for Delphique on Thursday, November 17 2016 at 4:00 PM.
Other eminent personalities at the convention this year include:
1. Mr. Rajeev Talwar, CEO & Whole-time Director, DLF Ltd
2. Mr. Robert Menzies, Head – Strategy & Corporate Planning, Godrej Industries Ltd
3. Mr. Amit Boni, Country Head – India, Motorola
4. Mr. Sandro Stephens, Head – North & South, Indian Angel Network
About the Author:
Arvind Chetty is a student of PGPM in MDI Gurgaon. Previously , he completed his B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Nirma University and has worked with Thermax as a Sales and Marketing Engineer. Arvind loves playing Snooker.