Are You Ready To Get WiRED? – Flipkart’s Flagship Case Competition Just Got Bigger
Flipkart’s flagship case competition WiRED is back with season 3, and it’s bigger than ever! The competition is now open to 21 premium business schools across the country and is a gateway for students to get placed at Flipkart. Here’s all you need to know about the competition, and how you can participate!
Since its inception in 2007, Flipkart has been known to be a market disruptor. It is India’s leading e-commerce marketplace that offers more than 100 million products to 150 million customers. In 2019, LinkedIn ranked Flipkart number one in the Top Companies People Want To Work With In India.
In their quest for innovation, Flipkart launched WiRED to give B-school students a first-hand experience of challenges in the Indian e-commerce ecosystem. In this 3rd rendition of the competition, not only will you be competing with students from the top premium B-schools but you can also choose between 3 domain-specific challenges. You can choose between areas of Business, HR and Supply Chain. The challenges are designed to not only test your technical knowledge and logical reasoning but also how creatively can you solve a problem.
The competition is open for both the batches – PGP-1 and PGP-2, and will run over 3 phases – Case Study Submission, Campus Presentations and Nationals at the Flipkart Campus in Bengaluru.
What do I get?
Nothing can discount the sheer excitement to work on a live problem case from India’s biggest e-commerce ecosystem. Apart from this,
- National Winners: Prizes worth INR 2 lakhs!
- National Runners-up: Prizes worth INR 50,000!
- Individual PPIs during campus round.
How do I get WiRED?
To register for the competition, download the Kampus Konversations App:
Visit the competition section on the app.
- Register yourself on the app.
- Once you register, click on the ‘Dashboard’ button and fill up your application details to complete your registration.
Flipkart WiRED – Rules & Eligibility
This competition is open to all the full-time students of flagship PGP programs (Both 1st and 2nd year students) at the following institutes:
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow
- Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
- MICA, Ahmedabad
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ranchi
- Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad & Mohali
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
- School of Business Management, NMIMS, Mumbai
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
Rules – Team Formation
- In order to participate in WiRED, students must form and register in teams of 3 members.
- Students can only form teams of 3 members from their own batch (PGP-1 students will form a team within their own PGP-1 batch and PGP-2 students will form a team from their own PGP-2 batch).
- Out of 3 members in a team, not more than one member can be a part of an Exchange Program.
- After the creation of teams, each team must register on the Kampus Konversations app/website after thoroughly reading through the rules and guidelines.
Flipkart WiRED – Construct of The Competition
WiRED 3.0 is designed to test you on your technical knowledge, creativity, analysis, expression and presentation skills through a set of 3 clearly determined rounds.
|Flipkart WiRED – Timelines|
|Registrations||14th August – 15th August|
|Case Lock||16th August – 18th August|
|Submission||18th August – 25th August|
|Campus Round||25th August – 11th September|
Round 1: Case Study Challenge
- As a part of WiRED, Flipkart will open 3 case challenges across all participating campuses. These will be in the domain of Business, Supply Chain and HR.
- After registering on the Kampus Konversations app/website, the registered teams must log in to view the case studies.
- All participating teams need to select only one case study and lock it within the Kampus Konversations app/website as per the dates communicated. Once this has been done, the team is supposed to work only on the case study that they have selected. Any attempt to submit a different case study or multiple case studies may lead to disqualification of the team at the discretion of Flipkart.
- Post the lock-in period, teams are free to work among themselves to come up with a solution for the problems/challenges listed in the case study. The solutions must be uploaded on to the Kampus Konversations app/website in the following submission format:
- All teams must submit the solution in the form of a presentation with not more than 5 slides (excluding the title slide).
- All supporting information/graphs/ datasheets / other aids can be clubbed as annexures along with your submission.
- Any assumptions made in the analysis will have to be stated explicitly.
Round 2: Campus Challenge
Post the first round, Flipkart will evaluate all the submitted case studies to identify the top teams from each campus – which will proceed into Round 2 – the Campus Challenge. Depending upon whether the institute is a veteran or a new entrant, the process will vary as follows:
- The top teams from each veteran campus will be evaluated by Flipkart panelists at their respective campuses – where the teams must present the same 5-slide presentation submitted during Round 1. Each team gets 30 minutes to justify their solution – 20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for Q&A.
- The Flipkart panel on campus will declare the winners of the campus rounds and PPIs will be conducted on campus on the same day.
New Entrant Campuses:
- The top teams from each new entrant campus will be evaluated by Flipkart panelists through video conference (VC) – where the teams must present the same 5-slide presentation submitted during Round 1. Each team gets 30 minutes to justify their solution – 20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for Q&A.
- The Flipkart panel will declare the campus winners on the same day and PPIs will be conducted as per a date and venue decided separately by the Flipkart WiRED team.
Note: For all the campuses that Flipkart already visits, PPI winners will be evaluated only for the roles that are opened on campus. For other campuses, it will depend on the specialization.
Round 3: Down to the WiRED (Grand Finale)
Post the completion of campus-level evaluations held as a part of Round 2, the entire pool of campus winners moves to round 3, which is executed over two phases:
Phase 1: Additional Complexity
- For each of the case studies, Flipkart will introduce an additional layer of complexity to each of the problem statements.
- Students must revise and add to their solutions based on the revised instructions and additional complexity shared.
- The revised solutions will be evaluated by Flipkart panelists and 15 teams in total across the 3 domains will qualify for the Grand Finale at the Flipkart campus.
Phase 2: Grand Finale at #OneFlipkart, Bengaluru
- The 15 finalist teams chosen from Phase 1 will be brought down to the Flipkart Campus in Bengaluru to present their solutions in front of a panel of eminent leaders from Flipkart.
- The panel will select National Winners and Runners Ups (from each domain) who will be rewarded in a glittering ceremony on campus.
Registrations for Flipkart WiRED shut at midnight on 15th August 2019.
Are you ready to get WiRED?