Helpful tips to crack verbal ability section in IBSAT
IBSAT is an online aptitude test conducted by the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education University. Candidates who wish to take admission to MBA/PGPM/Ph.D. programs have to appear for IBSAT. Candidates who obtain a good score in this entrance examination can appear for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) also.
The exam preparation for IBSAT aspirants must be at its peak till now, as only 33 days are left for the IBSAT exam. Students must utilize these 33 days in an effective manner. Try to practice as many IBSAT exam papers/previous IBSAT papers you can manage.
Preparation strategy for verbal ability section:
Verbal ability section in IBSAT exam basically tests students written language abilities. To excel well in this section, you must follow some good strategies like making a habit of reading more newspapers, quality magazines, novels etc. Reading helps in improving your vocabulary, which helps you to express your ideas more clearly. Spending qualitative time in reading also helps to overcome your weakness in your language skills. The verbal ability section of IBSAT exam is classified into following parts –
– Vocabulary Usage
– Para Jumble
– English Grammar
– Replace the missing words
– English Usage
Tips to crack verbal ability section in IBSAT exam:
– Read English newspapers, quality magazines, novels etc on regular basis and underline the difficult words that you come across.
– Utilize a dictionary in finding the meaning, synonyms and antonyms for those words.
– Learn them vigorously and try to use them while writing or in your conversations. This helps you in building up a strong vocabulary through which you can express your thoughts properly.
– While practicing any mock test/IBSAT exam papersyou can set a timer. This will help you in time-saving and speed building.
– Para-jumbles can be solved if you clearly understand the meaning of the given sentence. It is advisable to always look for connecting words and concluding sentence.
– Do not keep important topics to be covered in the last moment. Last moment preparation always creates confusion.
– Spend atleast 2-3 hours every day in practicing question based on vocabulary and grammar. Practice will help you to develop the skills to solve a problem in an effective manner.
– Learn to manage your time effectively while maintaining speed and accuracy in solving a given problem.
Find the preparation strategy for English Comprehension here
Find the preparation strategy for IBSAT DI and Data Adequacy here
Follow IBS at ibs.insideiim.com