IIM Indore announces admissions to its two doctoral programmes – FPM & FPM (Industry)
Indore, 12th December 2014
Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM-I) has announced admissions open for 10th batch of Fellow Programme in Management (FPM2015), which is a PhD-equivalent programme designed by the IIM’s to create a talent pool of exceptional professorial and research talent essential to academia as well as industry and the FPM (Industry) –
Widely known as the stepping stone to a career in the IIM’s and other elite institutions, selection for the FPM at IIM Indore does not just focus on the academic or corporate credentials, but also research and analytical abilities of the candidates. As in all doctoral programmes, the minimum qualification for eligibility to FPM at IIM Indore is a Master’s degree with 55% or a 4-year Bachelor’s degree with First Class 60%. Those in their final year of Masters’ or 4 years/eight semester Bachelors’ degree can also apply. Such candidate, if selected will be permitted to join the programme provisionally subject to the submission of a certificate, issued on or before June 30, 2015, from the head of the institution implicitly emphasizing that he/she has completed all requirements for obtaining the degree before June 30, 2015. FPM, students from reputed institutions like the IIM’s and IIT’s can apply for a waiver on the first module of 6 months (Foundation in Management).
For Fellow Programme in Management (FPM):
– Presently the Fellows are entitled to a monthly fellowship grant/stipend 20,000 INR per month in the first year & second year, and thereafter 28,000 INR per month after clearing the comprehensive exam.
– Full-time and fully residential, with single occupancy on-campus accommodation, and, in select cases, family accommodation.
Designed on similar lines, but for working professionals admissions have been announced for the 5th batch of the FPM (Industry)-2015. Fellow Programme in Management – (Industry) requires:
– 10 years of work experience for all candidates.
– Fee of 5,50,000 INR+ Service Tax extra as applicable at the time of admission
– A concession of 30% on 5,00,000 INR is allowed to full time state and central government employees .
– Fellows have the opportunity to pursue their thesis in an off-campus mode with short visits to campus as per programme structure – so that they can continue working.
For both the programmes selected students can choose from one of the eight area of specialization – Economics, Finance & Accounting, Information Systems, Marketing Management, Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques, Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, Communication.
For both the programmes viz. Fellow Programme in Management(FPM-2015) and Fellow Programme in Management(Industry)-2015, the last date for submission of application complete in all aspects is 31st December 2014 For more details in FPM click here
For more details on FPM (Industry) click here
To Apply to FPM click here