Konversations Curates – Placement Edition #11 – Powered by Aditya Birla Group Leadership Programs
At Konversations, we always want you to keep learning and improving.
Speaking of, we bring you Konversations #Curates – The Placement Edition in association with ABGLP. In this special series, we focus on the #placement season, with some special resources to help you. We know that you have worked hard over the years to reach the level where you have. While getting a great job is far from the finish line, why hold back right now?
Every week we shall cover :
- One article around the interview process.
- One article on a key sector and its overview in India,
- One article on current affairs that can come up in the selection process.
- One article on a great case study you can refer to during your interview/GD.
- One article on helping you choose the ideal job.
Here is the next installment of Konversations Curates – Placement Edition!
1. There is self-interest and then there is enlightened self-interest. Lying in a job interview may seem like a good idea, but it seldom works out in the long run.
2. The affordable luxury market is exploding in upwardly mobile India. Get to know the story here
3. Since the beginning of the ‘#MeToo’ campaign on social media, feminism has seen a noted upsurge, with the recent Hollywood award shows lending it further support. Here’s a history of how the American film industry has systemically oppressed women over the decades and let’s try to learn how we can avoid it in our own careers.
4. Here’s an interesting case study on how the effects of having great managers are being felt in all sorts of diverse areas. This is the story of how Great Britain reversed its Olympic fortunes at Rio by adopting a project management approach.
5. Practice interviews with friends sound alright. But fact remains that they’re low-pressure situations and may not measure up to an actual interview. So how to conduct mock interviews that will really help you? Here’s how…
Want to read more such stories and excel during placements? Check out the previous editions here.