About National Institute Of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
NITIE is a post graduation college situated near vihar lake marg, Mumbai.
Unique things about NITIE
1) The campus of NITIE is about 65 acres. It’s nothing less than a hill station. The uniqueness about NITIE is the NITIE pond. People jog around the pond, relax with the fresh air, discuss among their friends, celebrate birthdays and do many more thing. The pond is the sign of NITIE Mumbai.
2) The cool academic complex: fully air-conditioned. Spend thirty minutes inside any class and feel the chill.
3) 96 steps: NITIE is incomplete without a mention of this legendary stairway to success
4) The Hostels: here you are seeing the awesome Taylor Hall, which is by far the tallest and perhaps the best hostel in the country!
5) Last but not the least: the Vihar lake
Apart from this the fact that the campus is in Powai & near Hiranandani means that you never have a dearth of eateries and hotspots to go. Also for those willing to start-up, there can’t be a cooler place than Powai.
Which Aditya Birla Company I would like to work for?
ADITYA BIRLA GROUP The Aditya Birla Group is a multinational and multi corporational Indian company headquartered at Mumbai. The group has interests in sectors such as viscose staple fibre, metals (Aluminium), cement (largest in India), viscose filament yarn, branded apparel, carbonblack, chemicals, fertilisers, insulators, financial services, telecom, BPO and IT services.
Among those, I want to get into the metal sector(aluminium) because of the following reasons.
• Amongst the top 5 aluminium majors worldwide
• Largest vertically integrated aluminium company
• 49 manufacturing units in 11 countries anchored by a 34,000 strong workforce
• World’s largest in rolling industry producing 19 per cent of flat-rolled aluminium products
• Among the largest producer of primary aluminium in Asia — 488,000 tpa
• Major brands: Freshwrapp,Hindalco Extrusions, Eternia Aluminium Windows, Hindalco Everlast Aluminium Roofing & Structurals.
– Subhasis Nayak