Pearls Of Wisdom By Gandhiji – Strategy With RS
Did you know that Steve Jobs admired Mahatma Gandhi because of the way Gandhiji thought? Differently from the rest of his peers!
When Apple launched ‘Think Different’ campaign, Steve Jobs proudly included Mahatma Gandhi as one of the people (referenced below) who thought differently and changed the world – forever with their thinking!
Let me share with you a compilation of quotes attributed to Gandhiji.
I am sure you will find wisdom in them which is timeless!
Do take time out to savour them. It will give you an insight into how behaviour gets molded by how we think!
Bottom line: We act as we think!
1. To lose patience is to lose the battle.
2. A ‘No’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
3. Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
4. You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
5. We have to handover the earth, the air, the land and the water to the children at least as it was handed over to us.
6. Seven dangers of human virtue
a. Wealth without work
b. Pleasure without conscience
c. Knowledge without character
d. Business without ethics
e. Science without humanity
f. Religion without sacrifice
g. Politics without principle
7. It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
8. What is truth? A difficult question; but I have solved it for myself by saying that it is what the “voice within” tells you.
9. You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
10. Nonviolence is a weapon of the strong.
About the Author:
In this series, Rajesh Srivastava, Business Strategist and Visiting Faculty at IIM Indore gives you a regular dose of strategy case studies to help you think and keep you one step ahead as a professional as compared to your peers. Rajesh is an alumnus of IIM Bangalore and IIT Kanpur and has over 2 decades of experience in the FMCG industry. All previous Strategy with RS posts can be found here.