The Consulting industry is expected to grow at a compounded annual growth rate of 30% & is set to become a $3.8 bn industry. Nearly 5.5 mn people work in the Consulting sector across the world.
The Consulting sector is one of the most sought-after career paths for MBA students & graduates. The InsideIIM Recruitment Survey reveals that close to 23% of MBA students who took the survey voted it as their most preferred sector & more than 60% choose Consulting as one of their top 3 sectors. Management Consultants tend to be some of the highest-paid professionals across functions and that will be one of the drivers for MBA students to aim for the sector. The average median base salary offered to MBA students by the top Consulting firms in India is INR 21.3 lakhs!
So how do you get into Management Consulting? What are the skills required and how do you acquire them? What are the interviews like and how do you prepare for them? How do you prepare to get a job at one of the hallowed MBB Consulting firms?
Last year, we at InsideIIM, started offering meticulous programs designed by industry experts on various domains on our dedicated learning platform AltUni. Consulting Festival was one of the first programs we launched and continues to remain one of our most popular programs with ratings of 4.56 out of 5. With the current batch of MBA students joining their respective b-schools, we are launching the Consulting Festival once again. Only this time, it is even more detailed and better designed!
The Consulting Festival will be led by Seema Bansal, Partner & Director at BCG, IIM Calcutta Alumna with an instructor rating of 4.9+ out of 5. To top it off, we have various industry experts from BCG, PwC, Mars, KPMG who will be taking up guest sessions.
What will you get?
- Master the science of Consulting & become job-ready for the Consulting industry by learning from Seema Bansal, Partner & Director at BCG
- Learn the industry orientation, practical know-how, important tools from Consulting experts & recruiters from BCG, PwC & KPMG
- Improve your profile & apply your learnings with a Live Project & show off your work
- Learn the key tools used in Consulting industry like Power BI, Tableau & Advanced Excel
- Learn the approach & techniques to acing case interviews & guesstimate questions from Consulting experts
- Get interview preparation tips & practice with mock interviews with industry experts
- Develop deep industry knowledge to ace Consulting placements & excel at case study competitions
- Get 1-on-1 Career Coaching from top industry experts with Kounsel.
Here’s what some of our alumni have to say about the Consulting Festival,
- “Consulting Fest is a good primer for anyone who's aspiring for a consulting career. The information alone would have made the cost worth it but the interactions made the sessions more than that”, Abhinand Gopal
- “An amazing series conducted by two of the most humble, honest & forthcoming leaders in the corporate world. Provides great insights into the world of Consulting. It is an eye-opener!”, Aishwarya Verma
- “Consulting Fest was a very informative & insights-packed Masterklass, which isn't available out there in the public domain. At the end of it, I could make an informed decision about my career path“, Phalgun S.
- “This program demystified Consulting for us, provided a sneak peek into the world of Consulting. Anyone interested in Consulting, this is the best platform you can ask for”, Shobhit Datta.