The Consulting industry is expected to grow at a compounded annual growth rate of 30% & is set to become a USD 3.8 billion industry in India alone! Nearly 5.5 mn people work in the Consulting sector across the world. Despite organisations across sectors spending cautiously in 2020-21, the actual demand for Management Consulting has grown which reflects the robust nature of this sector. “We have tripled our business in the last five years despite the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Karan Singh, MD, Bain & Co said in an Economic Times interview.
The Consulting sector is one of the most sought-after career paths for MBA students & graduates. The InsideIIM Recruitment Survey reveals that close to 23% of MBA students who took the survey voted it as their most preferred sector & more than 60% chose Consulting as one of their top 3 sectors. The top Consulting firms have also traditionally hired from b-schools, given that the management consultants require management domain knowledge and expertise. With the recent aspurt in demand, most of the b-school placements have been buoyed by MBB & other global Consulting firms. "We have kept up the tempo in hiring even during the pandemic because creating capacity in consulting takes time and we want to be future-ready," said Alpesh Shah, Managing Director - BCG in the ET interview.
Management Consultants tend to be some of the highest-paid professionals across functions and that has been one of the key drivers for MBA students that aim for this sector. The top Consulting firms in India offer an average median base salary of INR 21.3 lakhs to MBA students!
So how do you get into Management Consulting? What are the skills required and how do you acquire them? What are the interviews like and how do you prepare for them? How do you prep to get a job at one of the hallowed MBB Consulting firms?
The Consulting Festival was one of the first programs we launched and continues to remain one of our most popular programs with ratings of 4.56 out of 5. With the current batch of MBA students joining their respective b-schools, we are launching the Consulting Festival once again. Only this time, it is even more detailed and better designed!
Presenting Consulting Festival Season 2 With Seema Bansal (Director & Partner - BCG) & Other Experts Who’ve Worked With Companies Like BCG, World Bank, Walt Disney, SAP, Etc.
What will you get?
- 40+ hours of live sessions where you will learn -
- Consulting concepts & frameworks,
- solve business case studies,
- learn to crack case interviews & guesstimate,
- do a business case simulation, and
- work on an actual Consulting project!
- Interact with Seema Bansal who is the Partner & Director at Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and an IIM Calcutta alumna in live learning sessions with dedicated Q&A time
- Attend sessions by key experts from the Institute of Management Consultants of India (IMCI) who have worked with the World Bank, SAP, Walt Disney, TCS, the National Board of Accreditation, etc.
- 1-on-1 mock interviews with experts: case interviews/guesstimates
- Learn how to marry data and storytelling with the data visualization tool, Microsoft Power BI
- Apply your learnings in a real-life Consulting project with the global partner of Microsoft - Voiceback Analytics
- Regular performance evaluation
- Get access to recordings for revision.
Here’s what some of our alumni have to say about the Consulting Festival,
“Consulting Fest is a good primer for anyone who's aspiring for a consulting career. The information alone would have made the cost worth it but the interactions made the sessions more than that.” - Abhinand Gopal
“The program was very enlightening, especially with interactions with people from top consulting firms. Another experience that was a highlight for me was the mock interview experience. From an MBA student perspective, it was worth the investment I did with great returns.” - Aiswarya Mishra
“I wanted hands-on experience in the consulting world and enrolled myself in the program since we would have the opportunity to work on a live project as well, in conjunction with interaction with industry experts. There was a tremendous learning and the program gave me the confidence to ace some of the consulting interviews as well.” - Rachel Kujur
“This business simulation game was a real mind-bender but with a lot of learning. Thank you AltUni & InsideIIM and the team for the support. We finally managed to crack it.” - Abhishek Kumar Gupta