Inside The Mind Of Mukesh Ambani
Billionaire Mukesh Ambani, shared his perspective on how he takes a decision – contextualised to Reliance Jio!
1. “To me, what is most important is did we move the country forward and does the consumer gain … and as long as the consumer gains and the country moves forward, it is worth taking those losses…”
A Lesson for us:
- Successful business should have a purpose higher than merely making money.
- Successful business take decision keeping customers’ interest ahead of their own. Why do they adopt this style of decision making? If customers’ interests are protected then they will be happy; in turn, they will not merely give business, but also repeat business to the company!
2. “Our DNA is that we are very focussed. We always believe in the principle … that if you focus on the goal, you will overcome all obstacles. If you focus on the obstacles, you will never achieve your goal…”
A lesson for us:
- Where you focus, energy flows there & where energy flows ‘results’ come!
- Focus on getting solution not identifying problems.
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.” Henry Ford
3. Replying to Mr Sunil Mittal’s reported comments – who runs India’s biggest telecom firm Bharti Airtel – that all telecom companies had put together written down $40-50 billion of investments due to Jio’s entry – Mr Ambani replied, ‘I don’t think we can rely on governments and regulators to guarantee our profits or losses,
A lesson for us:
- A successful business looks upon itself as its strongest competitor – it competes with itself & attempts to disrupt itself all the time & seeks to emerge in a stronger ‘avatar’ every day! Bottom-line– Disrupt yourself before others disrupt you!
- Be proactive, not reactive!
(Source: The quotes of Mukesh Ambani have been taken from an article which has appeared in Business Today. You may read this article here)