Summer Placements 2011-13 : IIM Indore
It is an unverified report. Despite repeated emails, phone calls and text messages we were not successful in convincing IIM Indore placement office. IIM Indore is the first IIM featured on this website unwilling to share information in the InsideIIM format. So it is XLRI Jamshedpur, JBIMS Mumbai and IIM Indore who have refused to tell us specific profiles offered by different companies during summer placements. On the positive part, its the only IIM to release an average stipend figure this summer placement season.
You can read InsideIIM reports verified by the placement committees/offices of other top business schools here :
We strongly believe at InsideIIM that any public institution that expects students to pay over Rs. 1 million for a 2 year MBA course must be willing to be transparent about job and internship opportunities.
As usual, we have interpreted data based on the partial data sent to us by the IIM Indore placement committee and from data released in the public domain.
Some of the highlights of the report:
- 450 students were placed and the average stipend remained over Rs.50,000 with 7 students getting stipends over Rs.1.5 lakhs and top 50 students will get an average stipend of Rs.115,000. You can find a stipend distribution graph that IIM Indore shared with coolavenues.com here – (Stipend Distribution)
- IIM Indore has tried to explore new sectors and companies rather than chasing the conventional names and job opportunities.
- Having said that, there are big names too like Bank of America Merrill Lynch (recruited exclusively at IIM Indore for its Global Treasury Services division), Accenture Consulting,Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Deutsche Bank, Amazon, Hindustan UniLever, Procter & Gamble
- TATA Administrative Services adding IIM Indore to its list again signalling the fast maturity of a campus that is not even 15 years old
- Good variety of roles with opportunities in Media, Advertising, Pharma, Waste Management etc
You may also like to read:
(This article was edited on 16th December keeping in mind sentiments of a few stakeholders.)
Our facebook page : InsideIIM
Follow us on twitter here : @InsideIIM