Summer Placements – Class Of 2016-18 : IIM Indore
Highlights of Summer Placements 2016-18
– Recognized for having the largest batch across all IIMs, with 561 participants, IIM Indore witnessed a phenomenally successful summer placement season which saw participation from a whopping 170 companies, 40% of which were first-time recruiters. The average stipend also saw a rise of 15% to INR 104,000.
– Boston Consulting Group showed its faith in IIM Indore for the 3rd consecutive year in summers, while CEB, Avalon, EY, KPMG, PwC all recruited for the first time in summers for Consulting.
– Leading brands like Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, EY, Goldman Sachs, and JPMorgan Chase gave a spectacular 40 offers that had a mix of front end and middle office roles.
– Aditya Birla Group continued to recruit for its coveted Leadership program, while Shell, a global oil & gas leader recruited for the first time for its General Management role. Industry leaders like Airtel, JSW Group, Mahindra & Mahindra, Reliance Industries, Robert Bosch, and RPG Group were some of the other General Management recruiters.
– Sales and Marketing domain was the most sought-after, commanding 35% of total offers. S&M roles were offered by a long line-up of major FMCGs, including Akzonobel, Asian Paints, Britannia, Dabur, HCCB, HUL, ITC, L’Oreal, Marico, PepsiCo, and Pidilite among others.
– In the Media & Advertising space, two leading players GroupM and Ogilvy & Mather were first-time recruiters, while in the Pharma sector, UnitedHealth Group, which is a Fortune 6 firm, along with Eli Lily and Sun Pharma also recruited for the first time.
– Giants like Dell and Google represented the Technology space, while American Express and Philips Lighting offered their Analytics roles. Capgemini, FIS Global, Mahindra Comviva, Wipro were some of the leading IT Consulting recruiters.
– Cummins, Idea Cellular, L&T, Tata Steel were some of the brands offering Operations role
– The third batch of Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) that appeared for summer placements witnessed increased participation with offers being made by leading recruiters like Credit Suisse, DE Shaw, HCCB, HUL, L’Oreal, Nomura Holdings, Ogilvy & Mather to name a few.
Directors Quote :
“IIM Indore offers the Indian corporate sector a unique and diverse set of smart, motivated and talented participants. I am delighted to see the excellent response to our candidates for summer internship and am confident that they will make excellent contributions in the 8 weeks they spend with these companies”,” said Professor Rishikesha T Krishnan, Director, IIM Indore.
In case you wish to point out anomalies in the report, do write in to us at editor(at)insideiim(dot)com. We will try to clarify it with the placement committee/company. Anonymity will be ensured.
All Summer Placement reports for the batch of 2018 across schools can be found here.