Summer Placements – Class Of 2019 – IIFT Delhi
Highlights as per the placement report:
- The summers of 2019 saw the largest batch ever at IIFT placed in the shortest time span.
- Overall 80 companies participated in the Summer Placement season and the Average stipend saw a rise of nearly 11% with the highest stipend on offer being 3,00,000 INR for the entire internship duration.
- This year’s summers also saw good participation of companies rolling out 16 international offers across locations such as Geneva, Paris, Dubai, Latin America, China, Nepal, Africa.
- Sales & Marketing roles continued to be the most sought after ones with 30% of the batch opting for them. Finance & Consulting were the other more sought after domains accounting for 23% and 12% respectively.
- Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, ITC, Godrej Industries, Bajaj Auto, Dabur, Shell, GSK-CH, RBL, Piramal FInance, Royal Enfield, Mattel Toys, Asian Paints(PPG), Axis Bank, Yes Bank, Amazon, Vodafone and Airtel together made a whopping 100 offers.
- More than 60% batch received an unprecedented 6 digit stipend amount for the entire duration.
- E-Commerce firms like Amazon, Shopclues etc made their presence felt by offering a multitude of roles.
- This year witnessed good consulting brands getting associated with IIFT with major names like KPMG, Bain Capability Centre, Gartner, with existing major consulting companies like Global eProcure, Synergy Consulting and IT Consulting firms such as Capgemini, Wipro IT.
- In Pharma & Healthcare Sun Pharma, Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Becton Dickinson & Company, Genzyme offered various roles.
- World’s largest container shipping company, Maersk Line & Damco visited IIFT for Supply Chain & Logistics roles and IKEA offered its business development role.