The Most Influential Gadget Of All Time – Strategy With RS
Friends let me pose a question to you?
Which gadget, according to you, can be crowned as the most influential gadget of all time?
My vote will go to iPhone.
In 2007 when it was launched it, it was not a phone that Apple put in our palm – but a powerful computer. It forever changed the way we searched for information, the way we selected restaurant to visit, the way we communicated with each other and more.
Do you want to know other gadgets that have similarly influenced our lives & made it richer?
TIME magazine decided to just this. They decided to compile a list of 50 most influential gadgets of all time. Needless to say iPhone topped that list. The gadgets who made the Top 5 cut of TIME magazine are:
1. iPhone: (Year of introduction: 2007) Need I say anything?
2. Sony Trinitron TV: (Year of introduction: 1968) was so good that it was ‘… the 1st TV set to win the Emmy award, and over the next quarter century, went on to sell over 100 millions units worldwide.’
3. Apple Macintosh: (Year of introduction: 1984) ‘Will Big Blue (read IBM) dominate the entire computer industry? The entire information age? Was George Orwell right about 1984?’ That is how Apple Macintosh was introduced. It went on to ‘… forever set the standard for the way human beings interact with computers’.
4. Sony Walkman: (Year of introduction: 1979) It was the first music system to combine ‘portability, simplicity and affordability’ and paved the way for the iPod.
5. IBM Model 5150: (Year of introduction: 1981) this model, IBM brought the power of personal computing into our homes!
If you find this list interesting then I am sure you will find the complete list fascinating & engaging. Do check out if your favorite gadget has made the cut among the Top 50 most influential gadgets of all time!
To view the complete list click on ths link – http://time.com/4309573/most-influential-gadgets/
Do you agree with TIME magazine list? Or do you have your own list of the gadget that have influenced (and impacted your life) the most? Do share the list with rest of us.
In this series, Rajesh Srivastava, Business Strategist and Visiting Faculty at IIM Indore gives you a regular dose of strategy case studies to help you think and keep you one step ahead as a professional as compared to your peers. Rajesh is an alumnus of IIM Bangalore and IIT Kanpur and has over 2 decades of experience in the FMCG industry. All previous Strategy with RS posts can be found here.