A Key Skill That MBA Doesn’t Teach You – Hrishabh Sanghvi, Entrepreneur, Edelweiss, Citibank, IIM L
Hrishabh Sanghvi, Founder – Arque Tech, Co-Founder Rodeo Travel Technologies, Ex-Edelweiss, Ex-Citibank, IIM Lucknow, talks about his time at IIM L and how he used it to participate in competitions and clubs. He talks about skills one can pick up on campus if one wants to get into stocks and trading.
(This is Part 2 of the video series featuring Hrishabh Sanghvi)
Check out Part 1 of Hrishabh’s talk here
Summary of the video
In this video, Hrishabh tells us why b-school and MBA matter. He shares how he chose to do an MBA to figure out what he wanted to do in life.
Further, he talks about skills one can work on, in order to build a career in finance, and especially in trading. He shares how trading has evolved and how machine learning and algorithmic trading are a huge part of this evolution.
He shares how one needs to know programming languages like R or Python, as well as basics about finance and economics, in order to succeed as a trader. Finally, he talks about networking and soft skills as the key skills one needs in order to succeed in any career but also trading.
If you’re curious about the secrets of machine learning and how it works in trading, this is a must-watch for you.
1. Networking is a really important skill you learn at b-school.
2. Most MBAs don’t teach you soft skills; so make it a point to work on these as well.
3. Focus on building skills on campus.
4. You need to know a programming language, statistics and pipeline in order to work with machine learning.
5. Take part in different competitions to figure out what you enjoy.
6. Use your 2 years at b-school to figure out what you want to do in the future.