What’s worth reading | Shreyas Recommends (Week 19 : Aug 18 – Aug 25)
PwC Consultant Shreyas Panse is back with the 19th edition of our weekly series on InsideIIM, where he curates a list that is the best from across the web that industry professionals and current students must read.
– Irom Sharmila and fight for democracy in Manipur
– The unwieldy, gargantuan government entity that is Food Corporation of India
– Removal of Planning Commission could help empower state governments
– Stop “believing” in evolution. It is a fact.
– Asset class returns behaviour over a decade or so: volatile and hard to pin down
– I yawned thrice while reading this article: Why do we yawn?
– ISIS is just too big and complex to be beaten in a war
– This is the third hottest year on record for the world
– A robot hitchhiked its way across Canada
– Never expected this: Chess players dying in the middle of competitive matches
– Indian environmentalist Vandana Shiva: “Rock star in the worldwide battle against genetically modified seeds”