What’s Worth Reading | Shreyas Recommends – (Week 50: July 7 – July 14)
This week is a special edition. It is Week 50.
After a weekly break, Shreyas Recommends is back for what is our 50th Week of delivering high quality curated links from across the web!
(Edit Note : We would like to thank Shreyas for being committed to the cause and not disappointing his fans and our users despite juggling a reasonably stressful job. To do anything for 5 weeks is tough. Doing something for 50 weeks is incredible. Little did we know that one casual conversation during a trip to Delhi will become such a massive hit with users of InsideIIM.com. The beauty of Shreyas Recommends is the simplicity of the idea and yet it’s far-reaching use. Here’s to a few hundred more weeks of Shreyas Recommends! If you have any suggestions, please do leave in the comments section so that we can improve what we deliver further.)
- 10 policy mistakes of the past that India still needs to fix
- The WTF economy is bonkers
- Commercial internet’s 20 years and what has made it such a success
- How companies should be valued and are actually valued
- What was happening to the Chinese stock markets last week
- Bombay Stock Exchange is 140 years old
- The similarities between the upcoming IPO of IndiGo with the Jet Airways IPO
- Pete Sampras writes a letter to his 16-year old self
- The difference between actual age and biological age of humans
- Innovation in bubble wrap will save billions of dollars in logistics, but will ruin the most fun part of it
- Anybody working on improving the bathroom situation in the offices?
- Indian ear cleaners are struggling to find clientèle
- 8 places to visit if you are a Nikola Tesla fan
- Want to own printed Wikipedia? 7,600 books could be yours at only $500,000
- Marie Curie’s research notes are still radioactive after a century
- Quick puzzle to test problem solving
All 49 previous Shreyas Recommends Editions are available here
Shreyas is a Delhi-based Consultant working with PricewaterhouseCoopers. He blogs at shreyasp.wordpress.com. He is an alumnus of IIM Indore. Follow him on InsideIIM at shreyasp.insideiim.com