- 'Guru Gyaan' - An IIM Indore UAE Initiative featuring Professor S.K. Mishra
- Is AAP responsible for rising intolerance in MBA GDs in India?
- The Business Schools I have converted are very similar. Now what?
- Final Placements : IIM Calcutta - Class of 2014
- Myra Admissions Sessions at Shimoga,Chikmagalur and Hassan
- Meet MICA Founder and Myra Professor Dr. N.Kumar at Myra Admissions Sessions at Mangalore and Udipi
- An Inspiring Story of how SPJIMR students are Touching Lives of the Underprivileged
- Exchange of Cultures at IIFT: Outbound Exchange
- Final Placements : Class of 2014 - XIMB - PGDM (BM, HRM and RM)
- IIMB 39th Annual Convocation Gallery
- Vineetjain111 commented on the story Final Placements : IIM Calcutta - Class of 2014
- Waiting_for_BCG commented on the story Final Placements : IIM Calcutta - Class of 2014
- Kumar Practice commented on the story The Business Schools I have converted are very similar. Now what?1 hour ago
- ggaurav commented on the story Final Placements: SP Jain Institute of Management & Research Mumbai - Class of 201410 hours ago
- killer_raj commented on the story Final Placements : IIM Calcutta - Class of 201416 hours ago
- Neeta replied on a topic.4 days ago
- Neeta replied on a topic.4 days ago
- Ankit replied on a topic.1 week ago
- Abhishek replied on a topic.2 weeks ago
- Saket replied on a topic.2 weeks ago
IIM Lucknow has clearly established itself as part of the top 4 campuses in the country as far as placements are concerned. IIM Lucknow is head and shoulders above the rest of the pack. It is an unanimous view by people here at InsideIIM that IIM Lucknow has probably had the best ever summer placements as far as variety of roles goes and the kind of companies visiting the campus.
(As you read the report, wherever you see ‘Not Reported’ it implies either no company has offered a role in that domain/sector or due to non-disclosure agreements with companies the information has been withheld.)
IIM Lucknow has plenty of front-end investment banking opportunities but what puts it in a different league is the number of private equity firms and the hedge fund scene. Also, big banks seem to offer front end markets roles at IIM Lucknow something we haven’t seen anywhere apart from IIM ABC.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management should be a middle office support role according to us
While the general management scene was always strong at IIM Lucknow, McKinsey & Co. and BCG are now permanent recruiters at IIM Lucknow for both summers and finals. Frost & Sullivan has also offered an Singapore stint.
(The above list is not exhaustive of all companies that recruited in Consulting & General Management at IIM L. Also, certain marquee names may not be mentioned due to non-disclosure agreement between the company and IIM L.)
None of the Class of 2013 students at IIM Lucknow who want to build a career in FMCG should have any reason to complain. Just about every FMCG name one would generally aspire for visits IIM Lucknow.
(The above list is not exhaustive of all companies that recruited for FMCG roles at IIM L. Also, certain marquee names may not be mentioned due to non-disclosure agreement between the company and IIM L.)
Google, Yahoo, Amazon, Microsoft – make a terrific line-up. Throw in Flipkart,Naukri and Yatra and it gives students a great choice in technology firms and the e-commerce space. Roles at companies like Nokia, Castrol and Raymond also sound very promising. It is a general consensus here at InsideIIM.com that summer projects in these companies are very interesting and exciting. Given below are some of these companies along with names in Media and Advertising space.
(Amazon and Flipkart have also hired for Supply Chain Management roles)The above list is not exhaustive of all companies that recruited for above sectors at IIM L. Also, certain marquee names may not be mentioned due to non-disclosure agreement between the company and IIM L.)
There are other domains/sectors for which demand is usually lower relative to Finance,Consulting or Marketing. InsideIIM.com looks at summer placement opportunities in some of those sectors at IIM Lucknow below:
IIM Lucknow also shared with us names of companies who have given international offers. There are 21 confirmed international offers so far in locations like Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, UAE
Readers must note that in addition to these there could be more international stints. Companies do not always have confirmed projects and roles as early as October-November for an internship in April-May next year. For e.g. HUL is known to give interns a stint in other countries in Asia-Pacific region. We are only stating confirmed international offers below.
There are other parameters we have identified which should help everyone get a complete picture. We have stated them here below:
IIM L institute policy prevents the placement committee to reveal certain data sought by InsideIIM.com above.
The functional break-up of offers is not available yet. We shall upload it as soon as it’s available from the IIM Lucknow placement committee.
Team InsideIIM.com wishes to thank IIM Lucknow placement committee for sharing information and confirming the role classification done by us as per the above format. All the role-wise splits and top company mappings were run through the placement committee of IIM L before this story was published. The commentary around every statistic is strictly by people at InsideIIM.com and the IIM L placement committee has not played any role in it.
Special mention : Team InsideIIM was extremely impressed by the quality of the recruiter guide to summer placements on the IIM Lucknow website. It is very well-made , detailed and gives very relevant statistics for recruiters. You can see it here.
Highlights for us that differentiate IIM Lucknow from rest of the pack are:
- No. of front-end investment banking opportunities
- Top banks offering markets roles
- Top Consulting firms being regulars now
- Presence of Hedge Funds and Private Equity players
- No. of International offers
- Wide universe of FMCG,Technology,Consumer Products firms
- Fact that 400+ students were placed with relative ease
This is the second in a series of reports that InsideIIM.com will bring to you. We are committed in bringing you a complete picture. We will also ensure that no irresponsible reporting is done on this website. Attempt will be made to verify the data with the institution before any publishing is done. However, lack of response from the institution will not prevent us from providing insight to our readers.
Readers should bear in mind that summer placement reports will be starkly different from Final placement reports. A lot of companies only recruit for summers and not finals and vice-versa. Also, decisions taken by students in terms of which companies to apply to and which offers to accept are very different after spending 18 months in an institution vis-a-vis the ones taken after just 3-4 months as is the case with summer internships. In a few institutes there is no choice after applying to a company i.e. you have to accept the first offer received from any of the companies you have applied to. This happens especially during summers. And in times like these where batch sizes are over 350 in most places, students are insecure and apply to every company that comes and are left with an offer in hand which they didn’t really want. All the data needs to be kept in context of this reality.
You may also like to read : Summer Placements 2011-13 – IIM Kozhikode
Our facebook page : InsideIIM
Follow us on twitter here : @InsideIIM