"KPMG" stands for "Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler". It was initially KMG (Klynveld Main Goerdeler), later it got merged with Peat Marwick in 1987 and became KPMG. It is a multinational
KPMG International Case Competition (KICC)
The KPMG International Case Competition (KICC) is an opportunity for students from top educational institutions to exhibit their case-solving abilities on a global platform. The participants are provided real-world business scenarios to analyze and make recommendations to a panel of experienced KPMG professionals.
What is the structure of KICC?
- Registration: Interested students in India, falling in the following categories, can sign –up for KICC as a team of 4 members (comprising at least 1 male or 1 female member) with their institute’s KICC organizers.
- Second and third-year students of non-engineering graduate colleges.
- Third and fourth-year students of engineering institutes.
- First-year students of the two-year full-time PGDM (or it’s equivalent) program in business schools.
- Campus championship: All registered teams from one campus work on a case and present their findings to a selection panel created by the Institute.
- Zonal Prelim Championship: Campus winners will go to the zonal round, where they will compete over a case study and get evaluated by a panel of KPMG professionals.
- Regional championship: The zonal prelims winners compete with each other by working on a case study and get evaluated by a panel of KPMG professionals.
- National championship: Teams qualifying in the regional round compete with each other on a national level. The winning team gets to represent India in the international finale and are mentored by KPMG.
- International championship: National championship winners participate in a 4-day case study competition. Through a series of testing business scenarios and feedback sessions, KPMG experts from across the world select the winning team.
*High potential students identified during zonal, regional and national rounds are considered for pre-placement opportunities within the firm.
How do I participate?
Participation is by invitation only. To know more, please contact your institute’s placement team.
National Winner: INR 1,00,000
National Runner Up: INR 50,000
KPMG2020 Ideation Challenge (KIC)
KPMG, one of the largest accounting and consulting firms in the world, has come up with KIC (KPMG Ideation Challenge). This competition can bring out the strategists inside you to the fore. You would not only get an opportunity to work on brilliant ideas but to take your prototype in the market by winning seed funding of USD50000!
Guidelines for participating in the contest is mentioned below -
Stage 1. Registration
Form a team of three participants and sign up for it. Next, submit a summation of your idea with respect to the solution of a problem in 350 words, along with a link of WeTransfer link comprising a video of 90 seconds having all the team members proposing their ideas.
Stage 2. Screening
Professionals from KPMG will select ideas/videos submitted to them by various teams and take it ahead to the semi-final round.
Stage 3. Semi-finals
Semi-finals will be organized in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. Teams will present their ideas to the KPMG jury and its winners will go forward to the national finals.
Stage 4. Ideation Academy
KPMG’s ideation academy will help the teams by hosting workshops which will hone their ideas further for the national finals.
Step 5. National finals
Teams will present the final ideas to the KPMG jury. The winner will be named as ‘National Champion’ along with cash prizes. This will lead to rigorous workshops and training by experts and mentors in crafting your ideas and moulding it into a prototype for presenting in the global finals.
Step 6. Global finals
Teams from various countries will be competing in this round. This is a great opportunity for learning and sharing ideas at the global platform in an event at Seoul, South Korea. The winner will be awarded the funding of USD 50,000 to turn their ideas into reality.
Seed funding of USD $50,000
Top Company Stories
How We Won The KPMG Ideation Challenge 2019 National Finals
Are you an aspiring innovator? Do you have what it takes to change the world? If yes, then this is for you.The KPMG Ideation Challenge (KIC) is a unique experience
KPMG Ideation Challenge | Registration Ends 1st Dec
Attention all student innovators! Have you heard of the KPMG Ideation Challenge (KIC)? It is an opportunity of a lifetime for students to showcase their talents on a global platform.
KPMG's Ultimate Ideation Challenge Launched | Register For 2020 KIC Now
Ever thought of stepping into the corporate world as a consultant or a strategist? Wonder how would you figure your way out to the same? Well, here’s an opportunity! KPMG,
Consulting - Alumni Report 2018
This is the 6th Edition of the InsideIIM Alumni Reports. In this part of the report, we will focus on one of the most sought-after post-MBA domains: Consulting.This report will