What Is SNAP?
The Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is an online competitive MBA entrance exam which is conducted by the Symbiosis International University. SNAP 2018 is likely to be conducted in the 3rd week of December 2018, and results for the same are expected to be released by the end of December 2018.
The entrance exam is a gateway to any one of the 15 institutes under the Symbiosis International University.
Who Can Give SNAP 2018?
- Graduate from any recognized / statutory University with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). Programmes which require specific discipline/ subject specialisation need to be checked for eligibility as given by the respective Institute.
- A candidate who has completed a qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
Why Should I Give SNAP 2018?
SNAP is an opportunity for an aspirant to take admission into a top private B-School of the country, SIBM Pune.
Apart from this, other management institutes that are desirable and which consider the SNAP score are SCMHRD, Pune and SIIB, Pune.
SIBM Pune is the main objective for all SNAP aspirants. This is because SIBM Pune offers its pupils an opportunity to learn from some of the best faculty members in the country, along with a chance to network with a bright set of peers; all at a huge and charming campus in the hills of Lavale.
The institute also serves as a platform to interview with huge global and Indian brands and offers 100% placement to all its students.
Further, there is likely to be an escalation in an MBA candidate's paycheck, as they are prepared to head into the corporate world and work for big organizations in all parts of the world.
What Is The SNAP Paper Pattern?
The SNAP paper pattern is as follows -
- The test consists of 4 sections, namely - General Awareness, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, General English, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation.
- There are a total of 150 Multiple Choice Questions, which must be answered in a duration of 120 minutes. Each correct answer fetches 1 mark, while every incorrect response deducts 1/4th of a mark (0.25).
- The GK section consists of current affairs questions, images of famous personalities, and general awareness questions.
Which Institutes Consider The CAT Exam Scores?
A total of 16-17 management institutes consider the SNAP results, including SIBM Pune, SIBM Bengaluru, SCMHRD, SIMS, SIOM etc.
When Is The Next SNAP Exam?
The next SNAP exam is expected to be conducted in the 3rd week of December. The registrations are likely to begin from August till Mid-November.
The registration fee is expected to be the same as SNAP 2017, which is Rs. 1750.
How Many People Appear For SNAP?
Approximately 60,000-70,000 aspirants take the SNAP test. (Unverified)
- What is the SNAP difficulty as compared to other competitive MBA exams? SNAP is considered to be a relatively tough MBA exam but is considered to be easier than exams such as IIFT, CAT, and XAT. However, SNAP is a test of speed and accuracy, as a candidate has only 120 minutes to attempt a large number of questions. Therefore, SNAP is difficult in its own way.
- Are calculators allowed in SNAP? Unless specified otherwise by Symbiosis, SNAP does not allow a candidate to use a physical or on-screen calculator. Only CAT allows for such a provision.