XAT EXAM 2022
The Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is an annual competitive aptitude test. The exam is conducted by XLRI on behalf of the Xavier Association of Management Institutes and is a gateway for aspirants to get admission into XLRI - Xavier School of Management and other management institutes that accept the XAT score. XAT 2022 will be conducted on 9th of January, 2022 (Sunday - tentative) from 09:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
XAT is considered to be one of the most popular MBA entrance exams and follows a pattern similar to that of the Common Admission Test (CAT). However, XAT is considered to be more difficult than CAT due to the difficulty level of questions and additional sections as compared to the CAT exam.
Fact: In 2018, XAT went online for the first time in 19 years (albeit with certain flaws). It was conducted on the 7th of January (Sunday) and shifted from the traditional pen and paper format.
|XAT Exam 2022 Date - Tentative||2nd January 2022 (Sunday) from 09:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.|
|XAT 2022 Exam Registrations - Open||1st week - September 2021|
|XAT Exam Registrations - Close||December 2021|
|XAT Exam Timings||09:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.|
|XAT Admit Card Download||2nd week - December 2021 Onwards|
|XAT 2022 Results||31st January 2022|
XAT 2022 will be a direct gateway for aspirants to get admission into XLRI Jamshedpur, one of India's leading private management institutes. Apart from XLRI, management institutes such as IMT Ghaziabad, XIMB, TAPMI etc. also consider XAT scores for shortlist calls.
At XLRI, which is the main objective for aspirants appearing for XAT, you are given a chance to be a part of one of the oldest management institutes in the country. The faculty at XLRI Jamshedpur consists of individuals with decades of industry experience. You will have a peer group consisting of some of the brightest minds in the country.
At XLRI, you can pursue one out of two prestigious programmes - Human Resource Management or Business Management.
Both these programmes are revered in the industry, with the HRM programme being the more popular of the two.
Being a part of one of the top-5 B-Schools in the country, you will have the opportunity to interview with and get a job at huge global and Indian companies such as Hindustan Unilever, Reckitt Benckiser, Nestle, McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, ITC Limited, etc.
There is likely to be a significant escalation in your paycheck, along with the opportunity to work at some of the best offices across the globe.
All of this is possible only by appearing for XAT 2021 and being a part of the 98th+ percentile.
- No age bar for candidates aspiring to attempt XAT 2022.
- No minimum qualifying marks.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree of a duration of 3+ years, or
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA), or
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree.
This year, the XAT paper pattern had certain modifications; the most significant being the removal of essay writing from the test.
XAT 2022 consisted of 2 sections:
- Main Paper
- General Knowledge
The main paper consisted of 2 sections - Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation. Test-takers were allotted 165 minutes (2 hours 45 minutes) to attempt this section.
The second section consisted of general awareness questions and consisted of 25 questions. Test-takers were allotted 15 minutes to attempt this section.
Some of the Major topics in XAT Syllabus are:
- Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning: Reading Comprehension, Sentence Completion, Sentence Rearrangement, etc.
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation: Trigonometry, Time, Speed & Distance, Profit & Loss, Geometry, etc.
- Decision Making & Analytical Reasoning: Case Study based decision-making, Table based decision-making, etc.
Approximately 1 Lakh people give XAT every year, half the number of CAT test-takers.
Over 140 management institutes consider XAT scores for shortlisting and admission of candidates. These include but are not limited to XLRI Jamshedpur, XIMB, IRMA, Great Lakes Institute of Management, IMT Ghaziabad, KJSIMSR, etc.
The XAT 2022 exam will be conducted on 2nd January, 2022.
The registration fee for XAT exam is Rs. 1750/- & Rs. 300/- for every additional programme of XLRI (With Late Fee - Rs. 2050/- for registration & Rs. 500/- for every additional programme of XLRI).
Also, Indian students, who are applying for General Management Programme (GMP) only through GMAT has to pay Rs. 2500/- and NRI/Foreign candidates has to pay Rs. 5000/- for one or more programs.
XAT 2021 was conducted on 3rd January 2021. The XAT exam is one of the toughest exams in the MBA admissions season every year. In 2021, the XAT exam presented a moderate to a tough level of difficulty, with candidates finding the QA section to be the toughest of the lot, while the DM and VA sections were relatively more doable. So what will be the cut-offs this year that you'll need to meet to get a call from XLRI Jamshedpur? Here's what TIME, IMS and Career Launcher predict.
- Is XAT tougher than CAT? It is widely believed that XAT as an exam is tougher than CAT. This could be attributed to the fact that XAT has more number of sections than CAT and has a higher level of difficulty in its Quantitative Ability sub-section. The Decision-Making sub-section is also a curveball for some aspirants, as it is unique to the XAT exam structure. However, some consider XAT to be at the same level as CAT and a little less restrictive in terms of mobility between sections and minutes allotted per question.
- How can I prepare for GK and Decision Making Section of XAT? The XAT Decision Making section is unique and is highly subjective in nature. So there is no preparation strategy as such. The most effective method to prepare for this section is to solve previous years' questions available on the XLRI Website.
For the GK Section, an aspirant can focus on daily current affairs in newspapers, as well as surfing the internet for opinion pieces on current affairs. Books such as Manorama are used by UPSC aspirants to prepare for GK, and this can be used for XAT.
- What topics should I focus on for Quantitative Ability? It is recommended to brush up on all the basics of the topics that are part of the syllabus. Special focus can be laid upon Geometry, Profit and Loss, Alligations and Mixtures and Simple and Compound interest, as these topics have regularly recurred in previous years' papers.
- Is there a calculator available for XAT? No. In the previous version of the test, calculators have not been permitted either on-screen or in the examination hall. However, an on-screen calculator may be provided for XAT 2021, depending on how the exam is designed.
- Can I move between sections of XAT exam 2021? Yes. Unless specified otherwise for XAT 2021, candidates can move between sections of the examination and can answer the question in any order of their preference.
- What happens after XAT results?After the XAT results have been declared, shortlisted candidates are invited for a GD-PI round at the respective institutes, following which final admission offers are handed out.