6 Reasons to Study Engineering in Germany
For most Indians, a good educational qualification means getting an engineering degree. So if you are one of those, and you are looking at colleges for either your BS or MS in Engineering, look at Germany as one of your study abroad destinations.
Here are the reasons why:
Affordable: Germany is one of the least expensive place to study, if you are looking at international destinations. According to Global News, Germany has the lowest fees among all the others international destination. A student would probably have to pay an average of $ 635 USD a year.
Dual Education System: Universities in Germany offer a perfect combination of practical and theoretical knowledge. They believe in the principle of ‘The Unity of Learning and Research’ that is referred to as a Dual Education System.
High Academic Standards: German institutes are some of the best in the world. Their technical courses are applauded by all. Companies have immense value for a German Educational Degree. Germany has become a popular global education destination, especially where technical education is concerned. Almost 9,619 Indian students enrolled in German universities. Most of them attract post graduate students who are passing out of the reputed institutes in India. Germany is definitely one of the best places to study engineering especially automobile engineering in both graduate and undergraduate level.
Work Opportunities: If you have completed your post graduate from Germany, you could apply for residence permit either while looking for a job which is maximum for 18 months. If you already have a job you could apply for residence permit for taking up employment. You could either choose a German residence permit or EU blue card, depending on your requirement. The best way to know what is suitable for you; you could talk to the foreign national’s registration office.
Safety: Germany is definitely one of the safest countries in the world. The police are reliable and you could be living in a town or a country – you would still feel safe.
Traveling: One of the best perks of living in Europe is the fact that you get an opportunity to travel inside Europe. You could have a weekend in Paris or Amsterdam or just go traveling in Spain. The entire Europe is your oyster.
Pre-Requisite to apply in Germany
- Entrance Exams: You would have to clear and/or these qualifying examinations – IELTS, TOEFL, GRE
- Some universities have a minimum grade point requirement too.
- Mostly universities prefer students who have certifications and a working proficiency in German Language. However there are some universities that are open to English speaking students. You would have to check that with the university. Either way, you would have to pass the necessary exams to prove your qualification in the said language.
- You need to have a Bachelor’s in the relevant field and also the minimum grade point. That would be stated in the prospectus.
- Plus you would also need to clear IELTS/TOEFL
- The language proficiency remains the same for undergraduate and post graduate.
Top Universities for Engineering in Germany
- Technische Universität München
- RWTH Aachen University
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Technische Universität Darmstadt
As most of the German institutes are state funded, you are bound to find a quality education at a fraction of the cost. If you are looking at engineering as your future, there cannot be anything better than studying in Germany.