What Makes NITIE Unique – Seema Shripat
NITIE: God’s own campus
NITIE is renowned as top management institute for Operations and Supply Chain management. It was established in 1963 with the assistance of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) through the International Labor Organization (ILO). Located in the heart of Mumbai, it is also renowned as God’s own campus for it being guarded by Hilly terrain and two lakes amidst its location in the financial capital of the country. NITIE owns a beautiful and mesmerizing campus NITIE with 65 acres of area. It has highest story hostel of India in any educational institution NITIE has wonderful faculties with around 20+ of experiences. NITIE produces successful managers every year. It boasts of an incomparable ROI with extra-ordinary placements, and a legacy of 53 years has its own advantages to the students of NITIE. NITIE hostel is the tallest hostel in Asia. It has got 16 floors, 4 lifts and off course scenic view of a pond. It’s recognized as one of the 15 Centers of Excellence by the Ministry of HRD having the elite company of IITs IIMs and IISC, NITIE offers a very unique mix of courses:
• Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering (PGDIE): is the flagship program of NITIE, started in 1971, to satiate the need of the industry for cross functional competence. PGDIE has evolved as a course for developing Techno Managers with cross-functional skills.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Management (PGDIM): It aims to groom young managers who will not only design better procedures and systems but also manage the associated technologies successfully. PGDIM blends classroom work and hands-on industry internship.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Safety & Environmental Management (PGDISEM): The PGDISEM curriculum encompasses both a managerial and technical perspectives. It introduces students to a systematic approach for the evaluation of environmental, social and economic impacts.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Management (PGDMM): This focused program aims to develop human capital that will be capable of designing and redesigning the most effective manufacturing system as per business needs.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management (PGDPM): This program will help the students contributes towards making things better, be it the processes, products or systems. Other than its course structure, some other factors which makes NITIE unique are:
Location: Located in the picturesque surroundings of north Mumbai and flanked by Powai and Vihar lakes, it provides an ideal ambiance for academic pursuit. No Doubt, NITIE enjoys the “Mumbai Advantage” – which leads to a closer and easier industry interaction. NITIE also is a habitat for a variety of animals, birds and reptiles. And then comes the place most sought after by the students; MDP Rooftop. The highest point in NITIE that showcases a splendid view of 3 Lakes (Powai, Vihar & Tulsi), green forest covers of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, hills adorned by clouds and lastly, the high rise sky scrapers of Hiranandani.
Brand: Maybe your neighbor has not heard of NITIE but the industry definitely has or else we would not have such stellar placements. Rich Alumni Base: NITIE Alumni reiterated this very notion by creating a niche for themselves with the endeavor that they have put for the sustained growth of Indian Industry.
Placements: NITIE has always been on the forefront when it comes to placements. It is considered to be a preferred destination for the crème de la crème of the industry with a phenomenal record of placements. Students have been placed in most of the leading organizations of the world thereby enriching NITIE’s heritage.
Infrastructure: NITIE provides state-of-the art facilities for the classroom, hostel, recreation, computing and fitness for all round development of students. NITIE has the tallest hostel building in India – Taylor Hall, a lake on campus and two bordering it. The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled.
The overall stay at NITIE is very exciting and full of learnings.
Which Aditya Birla Company I would like to work for?
I would like to work for ABG Telecom because it’s an emerging field where people can keep technology in their pocket. With advancement in technologies, it gives a lot of scope for me to add a lot of value addition to my career. Since I am a graduate from Electronics and Communication Engineering, so with a strong background of fundamentals in communication networks, I can contribute considerably for the development of ABG Telecom Company. Here I would like to sharpen my ‘techno-managerial ‘skills by being a part of this constantly emerging domain.