IIM Ahmedabad Summer Placements Report – Class Of 2020 (Unverified)
IIM Ahmedabad Summer Placements for the Class of 2020 have been completed!
The IIM Ahmedabad Summer Placements process took place in 3 clusters, and recruiters were segmented into various cohorts based on the profile offered.
As in previous years, the concept of “dream applications” continued for the Class of 2020, with 110 students making 300 dream applications this year. Students at IIM-A were “placed across about 20 sectors and functions of their choice.”
Highlights of the IIM Ahmedabad Placements Report (Summers)
– The Boston Consulting Group was the top recruiter for Summer Placements, with a total of 20 offers.
– In the BFSI cohort, American Express and FinIQ were the top recruiters with 8 offers.
– In the Consumer Goods cohort, AB InBev, HUL and Saint Gobain recruited 7 students each and were the highest recruiters.
– In the General Management cohort, the Aditya Birla Group was the top recruiter with 10 offers.
– In the retail B2B space, Amazon was the highest recruiter, having made 14 offers, while Microsoft was the leading recruiter in the Consumer Tech cohort with 10 offers.
IIM Ahmedabad Summer Placements – Cluster 1
The firms that participated in Cluster 1 comprised of five cohorts – Advisory Consulting, Investment Banking & Markets, Management Consulting, Niche Consulting and Private Equity, Venture Capital & Asset Management.
Cluster 1 saw a large pool of recruiters, with about 50 firms participating in the process.
Highlights of Cluster 1:
- BCG was the top recruiter in this Cluster with 20 offers.
- HSBC was the highest recruiter in Investment Banking and Markets cohort with 9 offers.
- Edelweiss GWAM was the highest recruiter in the PE/VC and Asset Management cohort with 5 offers.
IIM Ahmedabad Summer Placements – Cluster 2
The firms that participated in Cluster 2 comprised of six cohorts – Advertising & Media, Consumer Electronics, Consumer Goods, Consumer Services, General Management and Leadership and Retail B2B & B2C.
Cluster 2 saw a large pool of recruiters with 53 firms participating in the process.
Highlights of Cluster 2:
- Amazon was the top recruiter in Cluster 2 with 14 offers.
- In the Advertising & Media cohort, the top recruiters were ABP News and Star India with 3 offers each.
- Samsung Electronics was the highest recruiter in the Consumer Electronics cohort with 5 offers.
- Top recruiters in the Consumer Goods space included AB InBev, HUL and Saint Gobain with 7 offers each.
- Airtel was the top recruiter in the Consumer Services cohort with 8 offers.
- The top recruiter in the General Management & Leadership space was Aditya Birla Group with 9 offers.
IIM Ahmedabad Summer Placements – Cluster 3
The firms that participated in Cluster 3 comprised of eight cohorts – BFSI, Consumer Technology, Core Manufacturing, Enterprise Tech, Food & Dairy, IT Consulting, Pharma & Healthcare, Renewable Energy & Green Tech.
Over 40 firms participated in Cluster 3.
Highlights of Cluster 3:
- Microsoft was the top recruiter with 10 offers.
- In the BFSI cohort, key recruiters were American Express and FinIQ with 8 offers each.
You may also like to read –
- IIM Ahmedabad Final Placement Report – Class of 2018
- IIM Ahmedabad Summer Placement Report – Class of 2019
- Placement Reports Archives
InsideIIM is conducting an exclusive workshop on ‘How To Get Into A B-School In 2019’.
Interested candidates can register for the FREE workshop here.
Date – 12th January 2019 (Saturday)
Venue – Mumbai
Read about the workshop here.