What’s Worth Reading | Shreyas Recommends – (Week 51: July 14 – July 21)
- Delhi Metro is oddly liberating in its confines. Singapore, meanwhile, has a “Commuter Graciousness Index“. Brilliant concept.
- India, through the lens of Google’s Deep Dream engine
- A 25-year old man has flown 400,000 miles for free in his life, but he only visits the airports and rarely ventures outside
- Privatisation of marriage is around the corner?
- Last week, New Horizons made a flyby visit to Pluto
- What it saw was a set of new surprises for the universe and the solar system
- Jules Bianchi is the first Formula1 driver to die because of on-track accident in last 21 years. His death highlights the contradiction of risk and success of the sport
- An article from the time of Bianchi’s accident gives a perspective what is being done and needs to be done on F1 safety
- Where are you most likely to have your car stolen in Delhi
- If Jalgaon, a district in Maharashtra, were a country, it would be seventh largest producer of bananas
- Is a successful comedy program on television actually propagating racial and sexist stereotypes?
- Is the end of real estate brokers near? (I sure hope so)
- Stock markets are at the mercy of rumors rather than longer term valuation
All 50 previous Shreyas Recommends Editions are available here
Shreyas is a Delhi-based Consultant working with PricewaterhouseCoopers. He blogs at shreyasp.wordpress.com. He is an alumnus of IIM Indore. Follow him on InsideIIM at shreyasp.insideiim.com