IIM Ahmedabad has released the audited final placement report for its PGPX Class of 2020! The 2020 batch of the one-year executive MBA program at IIM Ahmedabad saw participation from 130 recruiters who offered a spectrum of over 300 different roles to PGPX graduates. The graduating PGPX batch of 2019-2020 accepted a total of 120 offers from top companies like AB InBev, Bank of America, Microsoft, Adani Group, Amazon, EY, PwC, and MasterCard amongst others.
IIM Ahmedabad Final Placements - PGPX, Class of 2020 | 10 Key Highlights From The Placement Report
The following are the most important highlights from the final placement report for the PGPX batch of 2020 at IIM Ahmedabad:
- The highest domestic Maximum Earning Potential (MEP) stood at ₹81.00 lakhs per annum. The median MEP stood at ₹30.00 lakhs per annum.
- The median fixed annual base salary stood at ₹25.00 lakhs per annum, while the average stood at ₹26.51 lakhs per annum.
- The median total guaranteed salary (inclusive of one-time cash payment) stood at ₹25.66 lakhs per annum, while the average stood at ₹27.67 lakhs per annum.
- Function-wise, the highest MEP was offered for the 'Strategy' function and stood at ₹81.00 lakhs per annum, while the highest median MEP was offered for the 'Research & Advisory' function and stood at ₹41.53 lakhs per annum.
- 130 firms participated in the recruitment process for the PGPX batch of 2020 at IIM Ahmedabad. Professional services firm Genpact made the maximum number of offers to the PGPX batch.
- Sector-wise, the maximum percentage of accepted job offers was from the IT sector (35%), followed by Online Services (12%), and Consulting (11%).
- Function-wise, the maximum percentage of accepted job offers was for Marketing/Sales roles (20%), followed by Operations (18%) and General Management (16%).
- The PGPX batch of 2020 at IIM Ahmedabad received no international offers this year amid the COVID-19 pandemic. To compare, the batch of 2019 had received 1 international offer in Europe.
- Of the 140 strong PGPX batch of 2020, 3 graduates started their own business, 5 had their MBA sponsored by their respective employers, and 7 sought placement outside the campus placement process.
- The IIM Ahmedabad PGPX students were offered positions such as CO-CEO, Chief Product Executive, Vice President, Director, Associate Vice-President, National Head, General Manager, Senior Advisor to CEO, Young Leadership Programs, Principal Consultant, Senior Manager, Product Manager, Client Partner and Offering Manager.
Highest MEP For IIM Ahmedabad's PGPX Batch of 2020 At ₹81.00 LPA, Median Fixed Salary At ₹25.00 LPA
IIM Ahmedabad's IPRS audited placement reports split the salary figures into four different salary heads, which are defined as:
- Fixed Yearly Cash Component: This is a total of the annual basic salary and additional guaranteed cash components. These additional components include cash payments and allowances that are part of the annual package. The term guaranteed signifies that the amount is certain unless there is an overall pay revision. The components falling tinder this salary head are final and are not related to performance.
- One-Time Cash Payment: This head indicates the value of the remuneration given to a candidate as one-time cash benefit mostly at the time of joining.
- Total Guaranteed Cash Component: This is the sum of fixed yearly cash component and one-time cash payment.
- Maximum Earning Potential (MEP): This is the sum of total guaranteed cash component, maximum possible-linked variable pay and all other components of salary that are a part of the offer. This can include long term compensation such as PF, gratuity and other perks as well.
Note - All Charts Below Are Sortable
- The PGPX Class of 2020 at IIM Ahmedabad received a median fixed salary of ₹25.00 lakhs per annum, which is an increase of nearly 7% over the previous year. The average fixed salary saw an increase of 11% over the previous year, while the minimum fixed salary remained unchanged.
- 42 students received the one-time cash payment benefit. The maximum one-time cash payment component increased by 34% over the previous year.
- There was a 35% increase in the MEP for the PGPX Class of 2020 at IIM Ahmedabad, while the median MEP remained unchanged. The average MEP increased by nearly 10% over the previous year.
The highest median total guaranteed cash component was for the Manufacturing sector, followed by Others (which includes Education, Aviation, and Non-Profit), and the Consumer Goods sector.
Marketing/Sales roles were the highest paying for the PGPX batch of 2020 at IIM Ahmedabad, though the highest average and median salary was at ₹32.25 lakhs and ₹32.45 lakhs respectively for Finance roles.
For more information about location-wise offers, location-wise salaries, and other salary statistics, please do refer to the complete placement report on the official IIM Ahmedabad website. The audited final placement report for the PGP batch of 2020 will also be released soon. Please visit InsideIIM regularly for updates.