Summer Placements : IIFT Delhi & Kolkata – Class of 2013-15
This is the first time we are covering the placements at IIFT.
2 Striking things about the placements at IIFT :
1) The unique profiles in the International Trade domain. A lot of them are offered only at IIFT. Working at Geneva for WTO would be a dream for many!
2) The balance in terms of the profiles offered across various domains. For a batch of 220 odd, such a line-up provides enough diverse opportunities to students
It always helps to play to one’s strengths and that is what IIFT seems to be doing. The unique proposition seems to have been sold very well and not only do IIFT have many recruiters that visit the older IIMs but also have a group of exclusive recruiters that respect what IIFT is known for.
If you look at Finance, IIFT has a relationship with top MNC banks across profiles and also with a few popular Indian financial services companies. (You must read this story of an IIFT graduate who graduated from Nomura’s middle office in Powai, Mumbai to London as an investment banker). The FMCG sector opportunities are interesting and has preferred names like L’Oreal, ITC, SABMiller. The General Management scene is very robust too. A big name like Google at IIFT tells you about IIFT’s growing stature. Do spare a minute to read the names in the 4th table in Gold against the Trade column.
Some of the highlights shared with us by the IIFT Placement Committee :
• WTO offered internships for the first time in India out of its Geneva Intracen HQ
• Other international offers were made by Dabur and Rockfort International based out of South America and U.A.E. region
• Top Global HR Consulting firms: Russell Reynolds & Alexander Hughes made maiden offers
• Organizations that took interns exclusively from IIFT in India include WTO Geneva, Russell Reynolds, Alexander Hughes, U.S. Embassy, Stryker, Cargill, Linde Group
• 46 first time recruiters include Google, JPMC, Stryker, L’Oreal, Noble Group, Royal Bank of Scotland, Biocon, Linde Group, US Embassy, Reitzel Group, HP, Singhi Advisors
The report has 87 of the 90 companies that made offers.
We would like to thank the IIFT Placement Committee for their co-operation.
In case you wish to point out anomalies in the report, do write in to us at editor(at)insideiim(dot)com. We will try to clarify it with the placement committee. Anonymity will be ensured.
Read Stories by this author here
You may be interested in :
Summer Placements – 2012 Season (Class of 2014)
Summer Placements – 2013 Season (Class of 2015)