5 Things To Read And Watch If You Are Interested In Business Analytics
Do you know companies like Amazon, Tinder, Netflix, American Express, etc all use Business Analytics? At first, it may sound really boring but it’s not as nerdy and dull as you may think. Don’t believe me? Here are 5 resources that will make you believe that Business Analytics is one the coolest things ever!
1. Talk Geeky to Me. The day isn’t far when people will start using this as a pick-up line. And why not? Geeks are going to inherit the earth. Do you want to know how? Well, Business Analytics, the dream job for all geeks, is taking over the world. Companies like Tinder, Amazon, and Netflix are heavily using Business Analytics to not only make more revenue, but also to maximise customer satisfaction. Watch this video to know more –
2. This next video is where things get even more interesting. Have you heard Business Analytics and Sports in the same sentence? Well, if you haven’t, this video is going to change that. Global futurist, Anders Sorman-Nilsson, dives into the world of Big Data and recounts his experiences at the 2014 World Cup, when Big Data entered the world of sports and business in a big day, as well as an analysis of how Netflix uses Big Data to reverse engineer and design their premium content to ensure they win the digital minds and analogue hearts of tomorrow’s customers. Fancy, no?
3. Big Data and Business Analytics can go beyond the realm of what is happening right now. It can be used to predict various things including – predict if a child is going to drop out, catch criminals at the crime scene itself, eradicate diseases as they break out and save thousands of lives, and much more! This next video tells you the importance of data in decisions that matter.
4. Okay, now if you have a couple of hours, then this one is for you. Watch Benedict Cumberbatch at his best in The Imitation Game. A 2014 movie, loosely based on the life of Alan Turing, who decrypted German Intelligence Codes for the British Government during the Second World War. You can find this movie on Netflix.
5. No list is complete without another list! Here’s a link to watch 5 best Ted Talks on Data Analytics. Business/Data Analytics is the next big thing when it comes to helping your business Grow. You can access the best 5 ted talks, here.
Remember that Instinct is as important as Data. But Instinct can’t be an excuse for the lack of Data. To know more about Careers in Business Analytics and how you can use it for not only growing your business but for Customer Satisfaction and Marketing, join us for Konversation on Business Analytics Careers in Bangalore on 10th December, 2017. Open for all MBA Aspirants from Engineering and Science Backgrounds. Register here.
For more information or in case of any queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org