The basic objective of IIM-R’s admission process is to identify meritorious candidates for admission under each category of admission, viz., General, NC-OBC, SC, ST, EWS and PWD/DAP. While merit is the prime consideration, the Institute recognizes a possibility of skewed student structure in favour of male gender and engineering and related subjects at graduation in the normal course. Hence, it strives to ensure a better balance in opportunities among different subject streams and genders. It is also part of IIM Rohtak’s approach to duly recognize academic consistency.
The admission process of IIM-R is a five-stage process:
Stage I- Online Registration for PGP Admission 2020-22 batch, IIM Rohtak.
- The first shortlisting of candidates will be based on minimum aggregate percentile scores in the CAT 2019 as mentioned in Table-1 below.
- IIM Rohtak will invite online applications for registration in PGP 2020-22 batcha.) Registration will start in the first week on December 2019 and the last date for online registration will be 21 January 2020.b.) Candidates need to create their Login ID (USER NAME & PASSWORD for online registration. Candidate need to submit an application/ admission data form along with non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 2000/-.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive an email with a web-link for selecting WAT & PI venue for PGP Admissions 2020-22 batch.a.) Shortlisting of candidates for WAT & PI will be based on CAT Score (Table-1 above)
- The candidates, who have submitted the application forms and registration fees by the stipulated date and time, will be considered and invited (as per merit) for the Written Analysis & Personal Interview (WAT &PI) in Stage-II.
Stage II- Written Analysis Test (WAT) & Personal Interview (PI)
- All shortlisted candidates at State I, will appear in Stage II (WAT & PI). WAT & PI will be conducted in Delhi, Rohtak, Mumbai, Kolkata & Bangalore as per the following schedule:
- All the shortlisted candidates will be informed by emails to download their call letters to appear in WAT & PI. All the required details like venue of WAT & PI, date, time and other required guidelines will be mentioned in the call letters.
Stage III - The Final Selection List based on CAT, WAT, PI & Diversity scores.
- A weight of 50% will be assigned to CAT Total Score (Scaled to 100). A weight of 30% will be given to WAT & PI Score. Further, for Academic diversity and Gender diversity, candidates will be given a weight of 20%.
- The weighted aggregate of the following components namely (a) CAT; (b) WAT; (c) PI; (d) Diversity will be used to prepare a merit/rank list and accordingly the candidates will be invited to appear in Stage-IV.
Stage IV – Offer for Provisional Admission for the PGP programme 2020-22 batch
- The offer of admission to the candidate will be made strictly on the basis of merit/ rank list and availability of seats in each category (Gen, SC, ST, NC-OBC, EWS & DAP) as per reservation rules of Govt. of India.
- All the shortlisted candidates will be informed to log in on Institute’s website by using their login credentials (User name & Password) and download offer letters for provisional admission.
- A candidate receiving admission offer from IIM Rohtak (IIM-R) and accepting the offer within the stipulated date, needs to deposit Offer Acceptance Amount (as mentioned in the Offer Letter) through online payment link. An automated receipt and a text message of the transaction will be shared by the associated bank on the registered email/ mobile no of the candidate.
- The candidate may download his/her confirmation letter for provisional admission for PGP Admission 2020 by using his/her login credentials (Username & Password) on Institute’s website. All the reporting requirements/ joining formalities will be mentioned in this confirmation letter (i.e. date, time, venue for joining, last date to deposit the full term fee, fee structure, affidavits from the student & the parents, Indemnity Bond, vaccination certificate, caste certificate, Govt. Photo Id, medical fitness certificate, application form for hostel allocation & a schedule for remedial classes etc).
Stage V – Reporting for joining the PGP programme 2020-22 (Batch –XI)
- Candidate need to login on Institute website by using his/her login credentials (Username & Password) to deposit full programme fee /Term Fee as mentioned in the confirmation letter and need to report in the Institute Campus in Rohtak as per communicated schedule in the confirmation letter.
- Further, on the day of reporting in the campus, the admission team will do physical verification of the documents and allocation of hostel room to the candidate. Hostel allocation (Twin sharing A.C. Rooms) will be done on the basis on first come first serve basis separately for male and female students. Hostel rooms for DAP category will be arranged on the ground floor.
Waitlist Willingness Payment:
- A waitlist will be declared by the Institute as per requirement. This waitlist (based on rank/merit) will be displayed on Institute website and all the waitlisted candidates will be informed by emails to log in on Institute website by using their login credentials (Username & Password) and send their confirmation to be waitlisted.
- A candidate desirous of being waitlisted for the provisional admission, is required to log in on Institute website to submit his/her application form and pay a Waitlist Willingness Amount of Rs. 20000/-. Candidate expressing his/her interest for being waitlisted will be considered/informed for the provisional admission based on his/her merit ranking in his/her respective category and availability of seats.
Withdrawal of Provisional Admission/ Waitlist Willingness:
- A candidate can subsequently withdraw the provisional admission on or before the specified date mentioned in the Offer Letter (OL). In this case, OAA will be refunded after deducting processing charges of Rs 20,000.
- If a candidate registers for the programme, his/her OAA will be adjusted against Term I Fee.
- The waitlist willingness amount of a candidate who has withdrawn his/her waitlist willingness/ not offered provisional admission, shall be refunded.
Refund of OAA/ Term fee/ Waitlist Willingness Amount:
- In case a candidate withdraws before the registration, OAA &/ Term Fee will be refunded after deducting processing charges as per norms.
- The waitlist willingness amount of a candidate who has withdrawn his waitlist willingness/ not offered admission shall be refunded.
- In the event of withdrawal from the Programme after registration, NO refund of OAA and Term Fee will be made.
- Last Date for any withdrawal of Offer/ Waitlist Willingness will be ‘On or before the date of Registration*’.
- Refunds of those eligible as per policy, will be made automatically within 90 days from the date of registration for the programme. Candidates may approach the admission office only after 90 days from the date of Registration in case any refunds are pending for any reason.
- The admission criteria for PGP 2020-22 may be changed before the declaration of the results.
- The information in this document is applicable only for the admissions cycle PGP.
- IIM Rohtak reserves the right to change, modify or adopt any new admission process that it deems necessary, at any point.
- Any dispute concerning Admission for the PGP Batch 2020-22 would be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent courts within the territorial jurisdiction of the city of Rohtak only.
Important timelines for Admission Activities:
Note: IIMR reserves the right to change, modify or adopt any new admissions process that it deems necessary, at any point.