XIM University has announced its MBA Admission 2021 Process. The online application form for the University’s all key MBA Programs, such as MBA-BM, EMBA-BM, MBA-HRM, MBA-RM, MBA-SM, MBA-UMG, MBA/M.Sc.-SIM and MBF is opened. The last date for online application is December 10, 2021. The classes for new batch will commence in June 2022. This article shares details about the XIM University MBA programs, Fee, Cut off and Admission Process.
Xavier University was established on July 6, 2013 as per the provisions of the Xavier University, Odisha Act, 2013. On 11th May 2021, the Xavier University, Odisha (Amendment) Act 2021 was passed in the Odisha Legislative Assembly, renaming Xavier University as XIM University.
History was made in October 1987 with the establishment of XIMB (Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar), XIM University’s flagship management institute which, over the past 34 years has been recognized as a premier Business School in the country. In due course, the University has set up other Schools and Centers of higher learning in areas, such as Human Resource Management, Rural Management, Sustainability, Urban Management & Governance, Commerce, Communications, Economics, Law, Computer Science & Engineering, Public Policy & Governance and Humanities & Compassion Studies.
Apart from the flagship school XIMB - Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, the other Schools of XIM University are: School of Human Resource Management, School of Rural Management, School of Sustainability, School of Human Settlements, School of Commerce, School of Communications, School of Economics, School of Computer Science & Engineering, Xavier Law School, School of Governance & Public Affairs and Xavier-EMYLYON Business School & one center - Centre for Humanities & Compassion Studies. For more details visit: www.xim.edu.in.
XIMB is accredited by SAQS and is moving towards getting International AACSB Accreditation. MBA-BM program of XIMB is also accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) is one of the top ranked B-schools in India and is an integral part of XIM University.
- Registered under UGC
- Member of Association of Indian Universities A.I.U.
- Member of Jesuit Higher Education Association of South Asia JHEASA
- Member of the Global Jesuit Higher Education Network
- Member of International Association of Jesuit Business School IAJBS
- CRISIL GRADING NATIONAL A***
- Accredited by SAQS
- Accredited by NBA (applied for renewal)
- AACSB accreditation (in process)
MBA Admission Eligibility
- In order to meet the XIM University eligibility criteria, an applicant must possess a strong and consistent academic background.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor's degree of minimum three year duration, with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA;
- Candidates who expect to complete the final part of their degree examinations by June 15, 2022, can also apply. Offers of admission to such candidates, if made, will be provisional and will be automatically cancelled in the event of their failing to complete all the requirements for obtaining the degree before June 15, 2022.
- The applicant should have appeared in CAT 2021, XAT 2022 or GMAT (Taken between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2021) exam and must have scored the minimum prescribed sectional and total scores to become eligible for the interview stage of admission process;
- NMAT by GMAC 2021 scores are accepted for MBA-HRM, MBA-RM, MBA-SM, MBA-UMG and MBF programs.
- Work experience is not mandatory for MBA program(s). Relevant work experience after graduation will be an advantage. However the candidates need to have 3 plus years of relevant work experience after graduation for Executive MBA Program.
How to Apply for Admission?
The following steps are included in the XIM University.
Step 1: Register and Apply for Entrance Exam
- Applicants are required to appear for one or more of the following Admission Tests after registering for them: XAT 2022 to be conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur, on January 02, 2022; CAT 2021 by IIMs on November 28, 2021; GMAT taken in 2020 or 2021; NMAT by GMAC 2021 (for select programs).
- In case the applicant does not register and appear in any of the above entrance exams. he/she can appear for X-GMT 2022 to be conducted by XIM University on January 30, 2022.
- Please note that registering for XAT/CAT/GMAT is a prerequisite for applying to XIM University, if not opting for X-GMT which will be held on January 30, 2022. An applicant may apply to X-GMT on the same application form against the academic programs by paying the test fee (₹1200/-).
Step 2: Apply to XIM University
- After registering for XAT/CAT/GMAT/NMAT, applicants must fill up the online application form separately available on the XIM University website https://apply.xim.edu.in.
- Upon successfully filling the online application form and paying the application fee (₹1600/- for the first option, and ₹400/- each for the subsequent options), applicants will be intimated by email about the acceptance of the form.
- Use a single form for applying for multiple programs and/or through multiple tests.
XIM University Admission Process 2022
- XIM University gives emphasis not only on entrance exam scores but also on Academic Profile, Work experience, and other parameters.
- XIMB or other B-schools of XIM University will announce their cut offs at the time of shortlisting. However, they keep their cut offs moderate in the range of 85 to 90 percentile.
Candidates will be short-listed for GD-WAT-PI round on the basis of their sectional and overall scores in the entrance exam after declaration of entrance exam result. The Institute/University decides the section-wise as well as total cut-off marks which will be used for short-listing the candidates to be called for Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Personal Interview Round
XIM University will conduct the admission process in February and March 2022 for shortlisted candidates for the final selection process. After the Shortlisting process, GD-WAT-PI will be held in different cities to select suitable students for the program. WAT, GD & PI will be held in Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. Candidates will have to meet their own travel expenses for appearing in the Interview session.
Final Admission Offer
The final selection is based on academic profile, performance in entrance exam, performance in Interview round, work experience among others. Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the first week of April 2022. The academic session would commence in the middle of June 2022.
XIM University MBA Program Fees
The tentative fee structure for various MBA & MBF Programs for Admission 2022 of XIM University is as follows.
Total Program Fee (Rs. in lakhs)
|MBA in Business Management (MBA-BM)||Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar||20|
|Executive MBA- Business Management (EMBA-BM)||Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar||15.2|
|MBA in Human Resource Management (MBA-HRM)||School of Human Resource Management||19.6|
|MBA in Rural Management (MBA-RM)||School of Rural Management||14.4|
|MBA in Sustainability Management (MBA-SM)||School of Sustainability||14.4|
|MBA in Urban Management & Governance (MBA-UMG)||School of Human Settlements||14.4|
|Master of Business Finance (MBF)||School of Commerce||12.9|
XIM University follows Anti-COVID Compliant Admission Process & Campus
Due to the challenging work environment posed by the COVID pandemic, the University will follow all COVID-19 precautions and Social Distancing norms during the entire Admission Process 2022. In case of revised guidelines for Admission Process 2022, the candidates will be notified accordingly. Despite the COVID-19 challenges arrangements will be made to conduct X-GMT 2022 in a safe environment. Both the campuses of XIM University have set up systems, processes, and facilities with SOPs to ensure healthy, safe and secured environment to all it’s students, faculty and Staff.
NIRF Ranking 2021
Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has ranked top 34th B-School of the Country in the Management Category of MHRD’s NIRF Rankings 2021.
- XIM University has been awarded the CSR Top University of Award for the year 2020.
- XIM University has been conferred CSR Excellence in Education Award.
- XIM University has been ranked 10th among India’s Top 50 Private State Universities in the Outlook ICARE University Ranking.
- XIM University has been ranked 9th among Top 50 State Private Universities in India by the Outlook ICARE University Rankings 2021.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 3rd among India’s Top University Constituent Colleges in the Outlook-ICARE India MBA Rankings 2021.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 4th among Top Private B-Schools of India by the CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2021.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 6th among Top 100 Private B-Schools of the Country in the Education World India Private B-School Ranking 2020-21.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 8th among India’s Top Private B-Schools in the Outlook-ICARE India MBA Ranking 2021.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 7th among India’s Top 100 Private B-Schools in the Week-Hansa Research Survey 2020.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 11th among India’s Top 100 Private B-School Category in Business Today – MDRA B-School Survey 2020.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 16th among India’s Top 100 B-Schools in The Week-Hansa Research Survey 2020.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 24th among India’s Top 100 Best B-Schools in India Today – MDRA Survey 2020.
- XIM University has again been awarded Eduniversal Masters Ranking 2019 as -India’s Best MBA-BM Program, India’s 2nd Best MBA-HRM Program, India’s 2nd Best MBA-RM Program, India’s Best MBA-SM Program, and India’s 3rd Best Executive MBA-BM Program.
- XIM University has Been honoured with Four Palmes Global Award by Eduniversal Convention in Bangkok, Thailand in 2019 for the third time in a row for Outstanding Academic Excellence and Internationalization in Management Education and Research.