Please Share A Brief About Your Profile
Electrical Engineer from Jadavpur University, with 2.5 years of work experience in Reliance. Have a 9-9-8 profile, with a percentile of 98.65 in XAT, 99.35 in CAT, and 99.76 in IIFT. Converted all the calls I had, opted to join XL Jsr BM.
Please Share Your Interview Experience
Interview- XLRI BM 8.03.20
GD/WAT- Born business leaders make more mistakes than trained leaders
Personal Interview: PI & P2- There were 2 panelists. Both Male.
1. So, Jadavpur University. Mention your WBJEE rank. What other calls?
Me: I replied with my academic profile in undergrad and entrance exams. And told him about other calls that I had.
2. Mention your preference.
Me: Mentioned XLRI BM, IIM L, and XLRI HR
3. What are your hobbies?
Me: Told about writing poetry and recited some.
4. You write or do you read as well? Which language?
Me: Mentioned English, and had a discussion about renaissance poetry.
5. Byron Shelley Wordsworth Keats. Categorize their works in terms of melancholy and monotony
Me: Couldn't give a convincing answer on monotony. Mentioned that it wouldn't stand in the way of your selection, just asking from personal interest.
6. Gave an inequality to solve graphically. Told me to explain the process.
Me: Was able to solve it and answer all the cross-questions from the graph. Basically, it was a linear programming problem. No further questions were asked.
1. What are your favorite subjects?
Me: Mentioned Electronics
2. Working and application of thyristor.
Me: Gave a detailed description of the working principle of a thyristor and the different types.
3. Asked about Moore's law.
Me: Gave the proper explanation.
4. Political stance
Me: Mentioned socialism. Cross questions were asked about capitalism and communism in the context of the 21st Century.
5. What is your biggest achievement.
Me: Mentioned about achieving a state rank of 5th in Boards and 9th in JEE Mains and being featured in Television for the same.
6. Does happiness always relate to achievements? Five things that make you happy.
Me: Gave an answer from a philosophical perspective. Asked me to quantify it.
7. How would you calculate the happiness of all the people in this hotel?
Me: I mentioned the weights and the parameters and then multiply the scores in each parameter.
Then decide on a threshold beyond which we can classify them as happy. Overall they were chill and friendly.
Converted & Joined
Any Advice For Upcoming Aspirants?
Be honest about yourself. Don't try to fake it. They will get it out of you if you try to fake it. I for example justified how my political stance of supporting socialism is right, even though I am going in the most capitalistic ecosystem.