Kritika Mittal graduated with a B.E. in Computer Science from Thapar University and got a job as an analyst in JP Morgan. After a couple years of working here, Kritika decided to pursue an MBA. Hence in 2018, she attempted the CAT. Not happy with her performance, she decided to rewrite the CAT in 2019. Working 12-18 hours a day and preparing for CAT was not an easy task. But Kritika managed to score 98%ile and convert IIM Bangalore. Find out her tips, tricks, and hacks to crack the CAT in this video!
In this video, Kritika takes us through her academic journey. She talks about juggling work and CAT prep as well as her overall CAT strategy. She tells us how a working professional needs to be focused and disciplined during CAT prep & how one needs to keep practicing. If you can't write a 3 mock test, Kritika advises you to take up sectional tests.
Further, she shares how you can't focus on just the overall CAT percentile, you also need to make sure that your sectional scores are also in line with your target b-schools. She also talks about how one needs to go back to the basics when preparing for CAT with only 40-45 days remaining. She recommends taking a few mocks and figuring out where you're lagging behind and working on those areas. Kritika shares insight on how just the day before CAT, one needs to be calm, take plenty of rest, and not study too much. Instead, she says, get used to sitting for 2-3 hours needed to be able to write CAT!
Finally, Kritika talks about her Interview experience at IIM Bangalore. She shares how she was asked about her work experience and why she wanted to pursue an MBA. She also talks about being prepared with current affairs topics that are relevant to your interest areas. If you want to know what it takes to crack a b-school like IIM B, check out this video!
- An MBA is a signal to the market that you're ready to learn and have the smarts to grow in any career you choose.
- Discipline is paramount for CAT prep, especially when working.
- Take sectional tests while working to prep for CAT.
- Rest well, don't cram too much on the say before CAT.
- People with work ex are asked more questions around why MBA.
1) How I Cracked CAT On My 2nd Attempt While Working At JP Morgan, Ft. Kritika Mittal, IIM B
2) Utilize The Last 45 Days To Score 98+ Percentile In CAT
3) Students Appearing For 3rd Or 4th Time Need To Work On Time And Stress Management- Atishaya Jain | IIM A, 99.84%ile
If you don’t want to miss any of our videos, all you need to do is join us on WhatsApp. Click here to join - https://bit.ly/_whatsappupdates