Saloni Mehta, Founder & Chief LinkedIn Consultant at the Saloni Mehta Company started her own venture with one simple goal in mind: To help professionals achieve their professional goals with the help of LinkedIn, and other online profiles. Having worked at LinkedIn for over 5 years, Saloni brings an intimate knowledge of how LinkedIn functions and now uses this knowledge to help guide others. In this COVID-affected world, where your online presence and behaviour matter a lot, Saloni’s insights will come as important information that you wouldn’t want to miss out on. Doesn’t matter who you are; your online presence is a key part of your identity.
In this video, Saloni delves deep into how and why your presence on social media platforms matter, and how you can go about utilising these platforms effectively. From having the right headline and cover photos, to how you can use LinkedIn for outreach and networking, she covers it all. She also says that sales & marketing skills are going to be key for the future, because everything is going to be digital. Among the 7 million+ profiles on LinkedIn, you need to make your profile stand out. If you’re curious as to how you can use LinkedIn to effectively network and market yourself, this video is certainly for you!
What's This? This is a new series of talks that we are doing amidst the coronavirus pandemic. Despite the lockdowns and the curfews, we are making all the efforts to ensure that you keep getting insightful and relevant content. So sit back and make the most of your social distancing with this episode of ‘Konversations in Quarantine'!
1) Your LinkedIn profile is just one among 7 million profiles. If you want to get noticed, you have to stand out!
2) Freshers shouldn’t try to be visionaries. Instead of trying to present yourself as an intellectual, display your skills and strengths.
3) The way you behave on social media is a reflection of your personality, your experience and your professional capabilities. Be honest in your communication.
4) Your recruiters will most certainly Google you to verify your claims on your resume.
5) LinkedIn is not your resume. It is a social platform.
6) When you’re approaching someone on LinkedIn, make sure you’ve done your due research before.
7) With the rising competition in today’s digitalised world, sales & marketing skills are going to be key to success.
Interested in making a career in Consulting? We have Seema Bansal (Director and Partner) and Roshni Rathi (Principal) at one of the MBB firms, who will host InsideIIM's Consulting Festival 2020! Check this for details: https://bit.ly/2DFGmqE
Take CAT tips from the CAT master - ARKS Srinivas. Enroll for the Masterclass Prime series now. https://bit.ly/MasterclassPrime
If you don't want to miss any of our videos, all you need to do is join us on WhatsApp. Click here to join - https://bit.ly/_whatsappupdates
Here's what we recommend to you:
1) Why I Left JP Morgan Chase For A Lesser Known Company | Riya Chhabra, McKinsey, INSEAD Alum
2) B School Is The Best Place To Be During A Recession Ft. Praveen G Krishnan, Product Manager, The Ken
3) What It Takes To Build A New Finance Career Ft. Dilpreet Brar, JP Morgan, IIM Indore