The fundamental explanation for the disparity in seat growth and outgoing student quality is that the rapid expansion of tier-2 & tier-3 management education schools has not been matched by a proportionate improvement in management education quality.
Lower-tier b-schools generally revise their curriculum every three years, and the majority of the programs are theoretical, with no room for skill-based programs or industry exposure. Students entering these universities have no notion of the need for skills and believe that acquiring a degree is the only way to get a good job.
With the lack of skill-based knowledge and uptake of management curriculum, the students’ careers are more likely to be hampered. According to Economic Times, salary packages in lower-tier colleges haven't altered significantly in recent years, and while top b-school students have experienced a 6.4% boost in annual compensation, lower-tiered b-school students have only seen a meagre 2-3% growth.
So, what are your best chances at acquiring top offers as a student of lower-tiered b-schools?
Set Your Career Onto A Dream Trajectory With AltUni MBA Summer Placement Bootcamp. Bag The Top Offers On Campus In Just 30 Days!
Quality management education is primarily reliant on industrial exposure, and the fact that 47% of students face unemployment due to a lack of industry exposure proves it. As an MBA student, you can acquire it through Summer Placements.
Deloitte's chief talent officer stated that when selecting talent from lower-tier b-schools, they prefer the summer placements route. This assertion has been supported by several other recruiters as well.
According to the Dean of NMIMS Mumbai, 30% of the 2022 graduating class was placed through the PPO method, whereas SPJIMR verifies that half of their 2022 batch received PPOs (123 PPOs). FMS received 65 PPOs for their 2022 batch of students, and 46 XIMB students received PPOs this year.
Every year, the number of PPOs provided to b-school students increases significantly. The recent placement incidents indicate that summer placements are crucial for your final placements as well as your career’s success.
Read: 5 Compelling Reasons to Take MBA Summer Placements Seriously
Now the question is “how to obtain top internship offers?”
Knowing soft skills and hard skills is just the tip of the iceberg! One must have in-depth domain-wise knowledge, be able to crack case interviews & guesstimates and prepare for GDs & PIs.
AltUni Presents MBA Summer Placement Bootcamp! Crack Top Internship Offers From Dream Recruiters In Just 30 Days!
Following the massively successful 2021 Summer Placement Bootcamp which gained an excellent rating of 4.47 and helped 75+ students gain their dream offers, we are back with an even more effective Summer Placement Bootcamp in 2022 to enable you to crack your dream job offers with 10+ industry experts, who received an instructor rating of 4.58 in the 2021 season.
Click here to know more: Download Brochure
How Will It Benefit You?
- Get 1:1 - domain expertise from industry experts of TAS, BCG, HUL, Deloitte, Bain & Co., EY, Samsung, RIL, L&T, Paytm, Oyo, etc.;
- Work on a LIVE Business Case Simulation & get exposure to solving business problems in real-time;
- Get a chance to work on a Live Project based on your profile and your performance in the Bootcamp;
- Master domain-specific interview questions & tips and take part in mock GDs & PIs to ace summer placements;
- Learn from students of top b-schools on how they cracked their PPOs and placements; and
- Improvise your resume & SoPs with the help of experts working at your dream companies.
That’s Not All!
- There will be assured rewards for the Top 30 Rankers of the program;
- You will receive study material & interview prep guides crafted for each domain;
- Get access to InsideIIM’s exclusive recruiter research of dream companies & panel discussions on the same; and
- Get access to InsideIIM’s exclusive domain-specific first-hand accounts of interviews & internships.
What Do Our Students Say?
“Really insightful info given about the different roles in the finance sector for an MBA graduate, as well as a great articulation of job scenario in current/ previous crisis” - Saket on How To Ace A Finance Summer Placement Interview session
‘The insights facilitated a complete whirlwind for me, the perception I had of Sales & Marketing took a straight 180 turn, and my existing knowledge got amped up by an insane margin.’ - Anandmayee Tripathy on How To Ace A Sales And Marketing Summer Placement Interview session
“An equal proportion of time for great insights regarding consulting, case studies, interviews & prep. and clarifying doubts.” - Sai Pranav Sidhu on How To Ace A Consulting Summer Placement Interview session