The SNAP 2019 (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) is one of the online competitive MBA entrance exams in India, which is conducted by the Symbiosis International University. The date of SNAP exam is 15th December 2019 and will be conducted in 92 cities in PAN India, and the result for the same will be announced on 10th January 2020.
A candidate who is applying to SNAP 2019, is eligible to apply to 23 programmes among 15 institutes which are part of Symbiosis International University.
|Registration Commences on||16 August 2019 (Friday)|
|Registration Closes on||23 November 2019 (Saturday)|
|Payment Closes on||23 November 2019 (Saturday)|
|Admit Card Available For Download||02 December 2019 (Monday)|
|SNAP Online Test 2019||15 December 2019 (Sunday)
Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
|Announcement of Result||10 January 2020 (Friday)|
SNAP is an opportunity for an aspirant to take admission into a top private B-School of the country, SIBM Pune.
Apart from this, other management institutes that are desirable and which consider the SNAP score are SCMHRD, Pune and SIIB, Pune.
SIBM Pune is the main objective for all SNAP aspirants. This is because SIBM Pune offers its pupils an opportunity to learn from some of the best faculty members in the country, along with a chance to network with a bright set of peers; all at a huge and charming campus in the hills of Lavale.
The institute also serves as a platform to interview with huge global and Indian brands and offers 100% placement to all its students.
Further, there is likely to be an escalation in an MBA candidate's paycheck, as they are prepared to head into the corporate world and work for big organizations in all parts of the world.
- Graduate from any recognized / statutory University with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). Programmes which require specific discipline/ subject specialisation need to be checked for eligibility as given by the respective Institute.
- Final year students can also apply.
- A candidate who has completed a qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
The SNAP exam/paper pattern is as follows -
- The test consists of 4 sections, namely -
a) Current Affairs,
b) Analytical and Logical Reasoning,
c) Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation,
d) Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability & Reasoning
- There are a total of 130 Multiple Choice Questions (Normal - 110 | Special - 20), which must be answered in a duration of 120 minutes. Each normal correct answer fetches 1 mark while each special correct answer fetches 2 mark, whereas every incorrect response deducts 1/4th of a mark (0.25).
- The GK section consists of current affairs questions, images of famous personalities, and general awareness questions.
Apart form other management institutes, a total of 15 management institutes under Symbiosis International University accepts SNAP 2019 score namely SIBM Pune, SIBM Bengaluru, SCMHRD, SIMS, SICSR, SIOM etc.
The next SNAP exam is expected to be conducted in the mid of December. The registrations are likely to begin from August till Mid-November.
The registration fee for SNAP exam 2019 is expected to be the same as SNAP 2018, which is Rs. 1750/-. A candidate can either pay the exam fee online or via demand draft.
Approximately 60,000-70,000 aspirants take the SNAP test. (Unverified)
- What is the SNAP difficulty as compared to other competitive MBA exams? SNAP is considered to be a relatively tough MBA exam but is considered to be easier than exams such as IIFT, CAT, and XAT. However, SNAP is a test of speed and accuracy, as a candidate has only 120 minutes to attempt a large number of questions. Therefore, SNAP is difficult in its own way.
- Are calculators allowed in SNAP? Unless specified otherwise by Symbiosis, SNAP does not allow a candidate to use a physical or on-screen calculator. Only CAT allows for such a provision.