What Salaries Do SPJIMR Students Get During Final Placements?
One of the things to look for while choosing a b-school is the growth in salaries.
The best institutes see significant year-on-year growth in average and median salaries. Is SPJIMR one of them? Let’s look at the numbers.
In 2022, the highest salary at SPJIMR went up to INR 53.16 lakhs, growing by 14% over the previous year and by 35% in a span of five years.
Compared to 2021, the average and median salaries grew by over 20% and were comparable to salary figures at the top-ranked IIMs. Over five years, both the average and median salaries have grown by over 40%.
In 2022, about 60% of the batch received at least INR 30 lakhs as their annual salary. More significantly, nearly 9 out of 10 students got salaries greater than or equal to INR 25 lakhs.
And these impressive salary figures aren’t just a one-off:
- In 2021, 92% of the batch received a salary of at least INR 18 lakhs, and about 60% of the batch received INR 25 lakhs or more.
- In 2020, almost 90% of the batch secured offers over INR 20 lakhs. And an incredible 95% of the batch received INR 18 lakhs or more.
- In 2019, 3 out of 4 SPJIMR students received at least INR 20 lakhs as their annual CTC, and 95% of the batch received salaries equal to or greater than INR 16 lakhs.
The numbers don’t lie. SPJIMR has seen strong and growing placement outcomes for its PGDM batches, which is also one of the reasons why it features amongst the top b-schools in the country.
What Kind of Roles Do SPJIMR Students Get During Finals?
SPJIMR students get some of the best salaries in the country. But what kind of roles do they get on campus? What domains and industries do students tend to work in?
Historically, management consulting is the top choice for SPJIMR’s PGDM batches. In 2022, 38% of the batch received consulting offers. Over the past five years, at least 28% of the batch has received consulting job offers in the final placements process, making it the most sought-after domain for students.
When looking at placements split across specialisations—Finance, Information Management (IM), Marketing, Operations—these are the trends that emerge:
- Marketing students have the greatest affinity for FMCG companies. In 2022, 40% of the Marketing batch was placed with FMCG firms. In 2021 and 2020, 34% and 35% of the Marketing batch was placed with FMCG firms, respectively.
- Most Operations students tend to be recruited by FMCG and Ecommerce companies. In the 2022, 2021 and 2020 placements process, at least 45% and up to 51% of the Operations and supply chain batches were placed with these companies.
- A big chunk of IM batches pick up Product Management roles. In 2022, 30% of the IM batch received PM roles. This figure stood at 40% in 2020.
What Companies Hire From SPJIMR?
Over the years, SPJIMR has built strong corporate relationships, and this shows in the names of recruiters in the institute’s placement reports.
These companies hire for domestic and international roles and offer some of the most desirable and well-paying roles.
In the Consulting sector, giants like BCG, Bain, Accenture Strategy, Alvarez & Marsal, and the Big 4 hire for management consulting profiles.
One of the most sought-after industries for SPJIMR students—especially the Marketing Management batches—is FMCG. Industry bigwigs like Unilever, Nestle, P&G, Mondelez, L’Oreal, Godrej, ITC and many others hire for many roles at SPJIMR.
Top BFSI firms like Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Amex, Avendus, Barclays and others hire from SPJIMR. These companies offer roles in wealth management, investment banking, corporate finance and strategy, equity research, analytics and others.
Some of the biggest names in Ecommerce also hire from SPJIMR. Companies like Amazon and Flipkart hire students for supply chain, product management, finance management, and other profiles.
Many conglomerates also offer leadership roles to SPJIMR students. In 2022, companies like Amazon, Mahindra, Tata, Capgemini and others offered general management and leadership positions to the PGDM batch.
To know more about roles and recruiters at SPJIMR, have a look at the institute’s latest placement reports.
How Are Autumn Placements at SPJIMR?
SPJIMR’s track record of autumn placements is quite impressive.
For instance, the highest stipend offered in 2022 was INR 4 lakhs, growing by a significant 25% over the previous year. The average and median stipend also grew by 17% and 30%, respectively.
Over a period of five years, the average stipend for the batch has grown by over 40%.
P.S. - If you’re wondering why SPJIMR has autumn placements instead of summer placements, it’s because unlike at other b-schools, SPJIMR students intern with companies at the end of the fourth trimester semester in autumn and not at the end of the first year during the summer.
To register for SPJIMR’s PGDM program if you haven’t already, click here! Registrations close on the 25th of November.
The application form is quite detailed, so you’d best get started right away and not rush your application.