SPJIMR Mumbai has successfully completed the final placements process for the PGDM batch of 2021. A total of 131 recruiters participated in the final placements process including brands like BCG, Bain & Company, HUL, P&G, Amazon, Flipkart, TAS, and Mahindra GMC amongst others. More than a quarter of the batch received offers equal to or more than ₹30 lakhs a year. Here are the key highlights from the final placements process for the PGDM batch of 2021 at SPJIMR Mumbai.
SPJIMR Mumbai Final Placements 2019-2021 | 8 Key Highlights
- The highest salary offered to the batch stood at ₹46.65 lakhs per annum, which dropped by 8.5% as compared to last year. The lowest salary offered to the batch stood at ₹15.00 lakhs per annum.
- The average salary offered to the batch stood at ₹26.06 lakhs per annum, which was a marginal drop as compared to last year's average of ₹26.36 lakhs.
- The median salary offered to the batch stood at ₹25.00 lakhs per annum, which was identical to last year's figure.
- 57% of the offers made to the batch were equal to or greater than ₹25.00 lakhs per annum, while 92.3% of the offers made to the batch were equal to or greater than ₹18.00 lakhs per annum. More than a quarter of the batch received offers equal to or more than ₹30.00 lakhs per annum, while nearly 81% of offers were equal to or greater than ₹20.00 lakhs per annum.
- A total of 131 companies participated in the final placements process at SPJIMR Mumbai, including 75 first time recruiters.
- Top brands on campus included the Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Company, Hindustan Unilever, P&G, Amazon, Flipkart, American Express, TAS, and the Mahindra Group, amongst others.
- Consulting was the most sought-after sector for the batch, with 36% of the batch receiving offers from this sector. This was the highest ever number of Consulting offers reported by SPJIMR for a batch. The Consumer Goods/Durables sector extended job offers to 18% of the batch at the institute.
- Around 50% of the batch bagged PPO/PPI opportunities with leading corporates like Amazon, Boston Consulting Group, Colgate-Palmolive, Hindustan Unilever, P&G and TAS among others.
Consulting Emerges As Most Sought-After Sector For SPJIMR's PGDM Batch of 2019-2021
"This year witnessed a steady spike in offers made by recruiters in consulting, the domain becoming the top recruiter with over 36 per cent of the batch finding opportunities. Deloitte USI and PwC US Advisory made the maximum number of offers. The domain also saw participation from other industry leaders that included Accenture Strategy, Bain & Co., Boston Consulting Group, EY GDS, GEP, IBM Consulting, Infosys Consulting and KPMG among others."
"SPJIMR witnessed the participation of international financial service firms, such as American Express, Barclays, Citi, HSBC, along with home grown giants like Bajaj Finserv, IDFC First Bank, ICICI Bank, PayTM and Yes Bank rolling out about 30 offers. Investment Banks such as Axis Capital, Jefferies and Nomura, and Investment Management and Asset Management firms such as DE Shaw and ICICI Prudential AMC also participated in the process."
Eighteen Percent of SPJIMR's PGDM Batch of 2019-2021 Receives Offers From FMCG Sector
"Over 40 offers were made by industry giants like Asian Paints, Colgate-Palmolive, General Mills, Hindustan Unilever, ITC, Johnson & Johnson, L'Oréal, Marico, Mondelez, Nestle, Pidilite, Procter & Gamble and RB. This was further strengthened by new recruiters like Himalaya and recruiters like GSK Consumer Health returning to join the process, resulting in over 18 per cent of the batch placed with the sector. They offered roles across Sales & Marketing, Systems, Corporate Finance and Supply Chain Operations."
"General Management and Leadership positions offer cross-domain exposure to enable candidates grow into leadership roles. This year, conglomerates like Amazon, Capgemini ELITE, Godrej, Mahindra GMC and Tata Administrative Services are among the top recruiters in this category, rolling out 27 offers."
"The boom in the e-commerce industry brought in close to 30 offers for the batch, made by industry leaders like Amazon, Cloudtail, Flipkart, Go-MMT, Grofers and Prione. Recruiters in this space offered a surfeit of new roles giving the participants myriad of options to choose from."
You can read SPJIMR's official placement report here!