FMS Delhi has successfully placed its MBA batch of 2022! This year, the institute witnessed significant surges in the salaries offered to the graduating batch, recording a huge 25 percent increase in the median salary and a 24 percent increase in the average salary. There was also an increase in the number of companies confirming participation in the final placement process, and a 15 percent increase in the number of job offers extended. Here are all the crucial details from the 2022 FMS Delhi placement report, including key salary and recruitment figures as well as a list of prominent domain-wise recruiters.
FMS Delhi Placement 2022 - Key Salary Highlights
- In 2022, the highest domestic salary stood at INR 58 lakhs. Last year, the highest salary offered stood at INR 58.80 lakhs.
- The average salary stood at INR 32.40 lakhs, increasing by an impressive 24 percent over the previous year.
- The median salary increased by 25 percent, going to INR 30 lakhs this year from INR 24 lakhs last year.
- The average of the top-100 salaries offered stood at INR 43.70 lakhs, increasing by a whopping 37 percent over the previous year.
- The average of the top-25 percent of salaries offered stood at INR 48.40 lakhs, increasing by 25 percent over the previous year.
- Half the MBA batch secured salaries of over INR 30 lakhs per annum.
- With an average salary of INR 28.40 lakhs this year, there was a 24 percent increase in the average salary offered to freshers.
FMS Delhi Placement 2022 - Placements in Numbers
In 2022, the average of the top-10 percent of salaries stood at an eye-watering INR 54.50 lakhs, while that of the top-25 percent of salaries stood at INR 48.40 lakhs. The average of the top-half of salaries offered stood at INR 40.78 lakhs.
On average, the highest salaries were offered to students with between 19 to 24 months of work experience, followed by those with 25 to 36 months of pre-MBA experience. Relatively, on average, freshers earned 22 percent less than their more experienced batchmates.
Overall, 122 students, i.e. 47 percent of the batch, earned salaries greater than INR 30.00 lakhs per annum. Only 5 percent of the batch received salaries below INR 20.00 lakhs.
FMS Delhi Placement 2022 - Key Recruitment Highlights
- This year, a total of 107 companies confirmed participation in FMS Delhi's final placement process, of which 78 companies made offers to the graduating MBA batch of 2022.
- A total of 257 students from a batch of 269 participated in the final placement process, receiving 262 job offers.
- The number of job offers extended increased by 15 percent, alongside a 20 percent increase in the batch size.
- The institute witnessed a total of 69 pre-placement offers (PPOs) extended to the MBA batch - the highest in FMS Delhi's history. Of these, 65 PPOs were accepted.
- Consulting/General Management were the most sought-after roles on campus, while Finance roles were the least preferred, yet still accounting for 16 percent of all offers extended.
FMS Delhi Placement 2022 - Top Recruiters on Campus
Apart from legacy FMCG recruiters, Sales and Marketing roles were offered by companies in the Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Electronics, Retail, Ecommerce, Industrial Goods and Automobile sectors. Ecommerce companies recruited in large numbers at the institute, offering coveted product management and program management roles to the graduating batch.
This year, there was a 24 percent increase in the number of Finance roles offered. Recruiters offered roles including Front-End Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, Corporate Banking, Wealth Management, and Treasury amongst others. In the Consulting/General Management domains, profiles such as Real Estate Consulting, Management Consulting, and Strategy Technology Consulting were offered to FMS students.