IIM Kozhikode has released its official summer placement report for the batch of 2022. The summer placements process, which was completed over a span of just 3 days, saw participation from a host of marquee recruiters like BCG, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, TAS, AB InBev, American Express, Google, Microsoft, and Amazon amongst many others. Consulting, which was one of the most sought after domains this placements season, saw a whopping 73 per cent increase in the number of offers made. Here are the key highlights from the report.
IIM Kozhikode's Summer Placement Report, Batch of 2022 | 5 Key Highlights
- The highest stipend for the batch of 2022 at IIM Kozhikode stood at Rs. 3.20 lakhs.
- The average stipend for the batch stood at Rs. 1.88 lakhs, while the median stipend was at Rs. 2.00 lakhs. The average stipend for women participants also stood at Rs. 2.00 lakhs.
- Sales and Marketing was the most sought-after domain for the batch, with 26% of the batch opting for these roles. Finance (19%) and Consulting (18%) also featured amongst the top three most sought-after domains.
- Consulting saw a 73% increase in the number of offers made and 22% increase in mean stipend. IT/Analytics saw a 27% increase in average stipend
with 15% students recruited, up from 10% last year.
- The average of the top-25% of the offers stood at Rs. 2.92 lakhs, while the average of the top-10% of the offers stood at Rs. 3.03 lakhs.
Sales & Marketing Retains It's Position As Most Preferred Domain At IIM Kozhikode
In 2020, Sales and Marketing has retained its position as the most preferred vertical for the batch. Close to 26% of the batch got placed in the domain with participation from companies like Colgate Palmolive, ITC, and Nestle amongst others.
Citi Bank, Credit Suisse, DE Shaw, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, and State Street offered diverse finance roles and recruiters, including The Rohatyn Group, offered PEVC role while TRMG offered front-end Investment Banking.
A host of marquee recruiters like Accenture Strategy, BCG, Deloitte India, Deloitte USI Consulting, GEP and PwC participated in Summer Placements 2020. This domain saw an increase of 73% in offers compared to last year.
Recruiters like American Express, Google, Microsoft, Walmart along with in-house divisions of FMCG companies like HUL participated in the summer placements process in 2020. Students were offered roles in Analytics, Product Management and allied fields.
Business houses and conglomerates like AB InBev, Axis Bank, Capgemini, Mahindra, Tata Administrative Services among others recruited 13% of students for the prestigious general management programs.
Operations witnessed an 15% increase in the number of offers made as compared to last season. Recruiters like Flipkart, RPG extended offers for multiple roles, while regular recruiter Amazon rolled out the maximum number of offers.
You can read the complete summer placement report on the institute's official website.
Recommended For You: