IIM Calcutta blazes away with another impressive year when it comes to Summer Placements for the junior batch. We have been covering Summer Placements at IIM C for 4 years now. It is amazing to see the consistency in bagging the top notch roles every year during summer internship hiring. Summer Internship hiring is more important at IIM Calcutta because most of the students in Consulting and many in banking get final offers soon after they return for the 2nd year to campus. This year the PPOs/PPIs have been raining across campuses but things are merrier at campuses like IIM Calcutta! Don't be surprised if almost 1/3rd of the batch gets offers just based on their summer internships. Based on the data below, the class of 2016 at Joka has got a terrific opportunity to give an extra-ordinary start to their career.
Highlights sent by the IIM Calcutta Placement Committe
- The Summer Placement process concluded in record time of 2.6 days placing 453 students, one of the largest batches across all IIMs
- More than 250 firms had confirmed participation at IIM Calcutta this year, but only 140 firms could make offers due to the process ending ahead of schedule
- A phenomenal 378 offers were made in Slot 0 (which consists of Day 0 and Day 1) an all-time record across the IIMs
- More than 45% offers came from Finance and Consulting – the largest recruiters. 25% offers came from Finance while 20% offers came from Consulting. Bullish hiring by the finance firms has helped IIM Calcutta solidify its position as “The Finance campus of India”
- 38 offers were made by McKinsey & Company, BCG, Bain & Company and A.T. Kearney, the highest in the last 3 years
- Firms making the highest number of offers included: Amazon (22), Accenture (17), BCG (15), Alshaya (13)
- Moelis & Co, Roland Berger and Alvarez & Marsal were the prominent new recruiters this time. CEB, Moelis & Co, Decimus Financial, etc. hired exclusively from IIM Calcutta.
There has been a significant increase in the number of front-end IBD roles on offer
Several BFSI firms hired exclusively from IIM Calcutta.
The maximum offers in consulting were made by Accenture Strategy with 17, closely followed by The Boston Consulting Group at 15 and Bain & Co at 10.
Continuing the trend, almost all the major FMCG firms have shown great interest in recruiting from IIM Calcutta for various roles
Amazon made the highest number of offers, at 22
IIM Calcutta has emerged as a preferred campus for those looking for careers in the media industry
We would like to thank the IIM Calcutta Placement Committee and the External Relations Cell for their co-operation.
In case you wish to point out anomalies in the report, do write in to us at editor(at)insideiim(dot)com. We will try to clarify it with the placement committee. Anonymity will be ensured.
Read Stories by this author here
You can read about the summer placements at IIM Bangalore here
You can read about the summer placements at JBIMS this season here
You can read about the summer placements at XLRI this season here.
You can read about the summer placements at TISS this season here.
You can read about the summer placements at FMS Delhi this season here
You can read about the summer placements at IIM Indore this season here
You can read about the summer placements at IIFT this season here
Read all articles on this year’s summer placement season here – Summer Placements – Class of 2016
Read all articles on last year’s summer placement season here – Summer Placements – Class of 2015
Read all articles on this year’s final placement season here – Final Placements – Class of 2014