The XLRI Final Placements 2020 report has been released! A total of 359 students of the Class of 2018-2020 participated in the final placements process, receiving 362 offers from recruiters. The Class of 2020 received multiple domestic offers at Rs. 50 LPA from the BFSI sector. Top brands on campus included McKinsey & Co., BCG, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, TAS and the Aditya Birla Group amongst others. This report will cover important highlights around salaries offered, top recruiters, and key placement statistics.
XLRI Final Placements 2020 - Important Highlights
- The median salary offered to the batch saw an increase to INR 23 lakhs per annum from 21 lakhs per annum in 2019.
- The average salary saw an increase to INR 24.30 lakh per annum from INR 22.35 lakhs per annum in 2019.
- The class of 2020 at XLRI received multiple domestic offers at INR 50 lakhs per annum from the BFSI sector.
- The highest international offer stood at INR 58.5 lakhs per annum from the Sales & Marketing domain.
- The batch received the highest number of offers made through PPOs - 43% of the batch.
- 24 new recruiters participated in the final placements process at XLRI, including companies such as Arga Investment Company, Tolaram Group, M H Alshaya, Myntra, Power Finance Corporation, Delhivery, JCB, Thoucentric, Welspun, Diageo, Varroc, CK Birla, amongst others.
- KPMG and Pricewaterhouse Coopers made the highest number of offers among the regular recruiters.
- The final placements process at XLRI saw participation from PSUs like Power Finance Corporation, GAIL.
- Consulting was the most sought-after domain for the Class of 2020 at XLRI, with 26% of the offers being extended for Consulting roles. Sales and Marketing and BFSI constituted 21% and 17% of the roles offered to Business Management students, respectively.
You may also be interested in reading Class of 2020 placement reports for:
- IIM Lucknow | PGP Class of 2020
- SPJIMR Mumbai | PGDM Class of 2020
- NITIE Mumbai | PGDIM & PGDISEM Class of 2020
- SIBM Pune | MBA Class of 2020
XLRI Final Placements 2020 - Sector-wise Turnout
The top segments based on roles offered were Consulting, Sales & Marketing, and BFSI. Consulting firms extended offers to 26% of the candidates. Sales & Marketing and BFSI constituted 21% and 17% of the roles offered to Business Management students, respectively. Other roles included niche functions in Product Management, Business Transformation, Brand Management and Finance.
KPMG, Pricewaterhouse Coopers made the highest number of offers amongst other regular recruiters such as The Boston Consulting Group, Accenture Strategy, Microsoft, Amazon, P&G, Aditya Birla Group, ITC, Avendus Capital, Standard Chartered, Capgemini ELITE, Hindustan Unilever, and others.
New recruiters included companies such as Arga Investment Management, Myntra, Power Finance Corporation, Thoucentric Consulting, Welspun, Tolaram Group, M H Alshaya, JCB, TCS, Vedanta, amongst others.
XLRI Final Placements 2020 - FMCG, Pharmaceuticals
XLRI has established itself as a campus preferred by FMCGs and the trend continued this year with top firms such as P&G, Hindustan Unilever, ITC, Colgate Palmolive, Asian Paints, Samsung, and others participating. The process witnessed a surge in companies in the pharma sector such as Cipla, Dr. Reddy’s, Astra Zeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, among others. Giants in the automotive segment such as Maruti, Bajaj, JCB also participated in the process. Roles in Company Strategy, Sales & Marketing, Product Supply, Operations, Purchase, IT and Human Resources were offered.
XLRI Final Placements 2020 - Consulting, General Management
Consulting was the biggest draw this year with firms such as McKinsey & Co., Bain & Co., The Boston Consulting Group, Accenture Strategy, Deloitte, PWC, EY, KPMG, AON, Korn Ferry, Vector Group, Everest Group, Thoucentric Consulting, Infosys and others participated in the process.
Roles in General Management were offered by conglomerates such as TAS, Aditya Birla Group, Mahindra, Capgemini ELITE, Reliance Industries, Xiaomi, RPG, Hinduja, ACT and others.
Also read - The Most Desirable Consulting Companies On Top B-School Campuses, As Per MBA Students And Graduates
XLRI Final Placements 2020 - BFSI
Finance did exceedingly well this year aided by the participation of firms such as Arga Investments, Citibank, J.P Morgan Chase, Avendus Capital, Shannonside Capital, Goldman Sachs, Standard Chartered, ICICI, Power Finance Corporation, Belden, Edelweiss and others. The roles offered in this domain were Front End Investment Banking, Global and Corporate Banking, Wealth Management, Global Markets, Equity Research and Retail Banking. The increase in finance roles can be attributed to a higher number of candidates opting for the Finance specialization and a vibrant appreciation for finance in the form of finance associations and an in-house XLRI Student Investment fund.
XLRI Final Placements 2020 - IT, E-Commerce, Analytics, HR
XLRI is widely regarded as the best institution in the country for HR. HR roles were offered by firms spanning the spectrum of domains such as P&G, ITC, JP Morgan and Chase, Colgate Palmolive, Myntra, Ola, Power Finance Corporation, Samsung, C K Birla, and others. For the first time, Assistant Vice President roles were opened by Genpact on campus. M H Alshaya offered international roles in the HR domain. HR roles offered also included recruitment, HR consulting, Compensation & Benefits, and HR analytics. This year also saw healthy participation from PSUs like Power Finance Corporation, GAIL and others.
Firm in the IT, Analytics and E-Commerce segment include Microsoft, Amazon, Ola, Media.net, Flipkart, Oyo Rooms, Tech Mahindra, HCL, TCS, EXL, and others. Mygate, Policy Bazaar, opened opportunities to students as well. The diverse set of roles offered were Strategy Advisor, Program Manager, Product Manager, Category Manager, Business Development, Territory Head, Analytics, and Recruiter.
XLRI Final Placements 2020 - Important Placement Statistics
What are the kind of skills that campus recruiters at top business schools are looking for? How can you make yourself more desirable to recruiters and get an edge over your competitors? How important is work experience for companies, and does your undergraduate institute's brand matter to a campus recruiter? To find out, we asked industry giants and top b-school campus recruiters to reveal to us the skills they're looking for in MBA students. We asked them to also tell us what skills MBA students currently lack, and to list out shortcomings within the Indian MBA placements processes that need to be addressed by management institutes. Find out what they had to say in this report.