In the fast-paced corporate world of today, it would surprise most of the millennials to even think that an employee could spend more than 25 years in a private company!
BP Biddappa, Vice President, HR - Unilever Home Care, New Business Models, Firm of the Future, is one such exception who believes that if your personal values align with a company, you don’t really feel the need for a switch.
In this candid Konversation held and shot at Bengaluru, Biddappa takes us through his HUL journey. From the many roles he had taken up within the organization to learning he has gathered from the cross-functionality of them, Biddappa shares the most important learning of his life; to stay humble.
He talks about how he has traversed from one part of the world to the other, wearing the brand of HUL, for its expansion, over the years.
From his growing up days to his interest in the markets, understand how a leader takes shape over the years through this video.
Tell us in the comments section below which of the qualities mentioned in the video are absolutely necessary for a leader to become successful in an FMCG giant like HUL.
1. Focus on the things that makes you happy and excited.
2. Pick up a hobby that makes you change the way you look at things.
3. You need to make an impact with your education and the leadership opportunities you get.
4. Don't worry about change, embrace it.
5. Always look back to your roots and value it.
6. Keep the people who made you what you are the center of your universe.
7. Create for yourself the power to do something that impacts the world around you.
*This is a promoted feature.